• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Impressed with Sprint navigation app

Jedis

Jan 21, 2010
I've been wanting to get a dedicated GPS unit for a couple years now, but could never justify the cost over other things.

In comes Sprint navigation. Wow, this thing is just as good as my friend's Garmin! Except it's built into the phone which means one less device to carry around. GPS lock is near instantaneous and directions have been spot on!

I'm thoroughly pleased I didn't waste the money on a dedicated unit.

I've used it side by side on my Hero, Instinct and the TomTom Nav systems and it has always been painfully slow compared to a dedicated GPS unit. I did random tests with this for a year and never got good results from sprint nav. Not to mention that when you choose to exit it using the Exit menu option, it doesn't actually close and goes to the main menu, then you have to choose Exit again.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones