1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

General Impressive Waterproofing

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Harreem, Aug 21, 2010.

1. Harreem

Harreem Member

Jul 29, 2010
    EdUcAtIoN :(
    Scotland
    So.. being the adventurous ( and careless :( ) young chap I am, I managed to drop my X10 mini in a pool of water... whilst climbing into a manhole.

It was submerged for about 25 seconds as my friends and I desperately tried to fish out the phone, and I could see it was still on due to the blinking LED. When I pulled it out, it was fine, although after, whilst drying, the screen began to flicker.

I turned the phone off, left it overnight in an upright position, and it works the same as ever before.

Very good work, Sony Ericsson :D!

Advertisement

2. Requiem87

Requiem87 Member

Jun 7, 2010
  3. rosered

rosered Well-Known Member

Jul 4, 2010
    UK
    You are one lucky chap then! Bet that got the adrenalin flowing a bit!! Mind you someone on XDA reported that theirs got run over by a bus and is still working, although somewhat damaged. So despite all our software moans, the kit seems pretty solid. I will not be putting mine to the test tho (hopefully).

4. Rotundjere

Rotundjere Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2010
    nice info for x10 mini,

but I think x10 mini pro will get damaged, coz mini pro have slide... & water can easily break the LCD :-(

5. Harreem

Harreem Member

Jul 29, 2010
    EdUcAtIoN :(
    Scotland
    Aha, yeah. I might move on to owning a Wildfire from HTC.. but I'll still possess my awesome X10 Mini :D!

6. Rotundjere

Rotundjere Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2010
    I think X10 mini have better hardware than Wildfire, try 3D games like Deadly Chambers, Hockey Nation, or asphalt5. I don't think it would be possible with Wildfire.

If you want to upgrade your device, I would recommend Motorola Milestone 2 (have better GPU than x10)