• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Improve Picture Quality When Using Flash

The dual LED flash on the EVO works well in moderately lit situations but when shooting in the dark the flash makes images extremely bright and washed out. I was messing around with the camera settings and was able to produce decent results by changing ISO, brightness, etc. but that's a pain. Instead, tape a small strip of plain white paper over the LED flash. It diffuses the flash and makes a huge difference.

Reactions: stanglifemike
This was taken with just a rip off a peice of printer paper tucked over the camera flash underneath the silicon layer (bottom) of my otterbox case.

IMAG0009.jpg

The room to the left shows how dark it was in the hallway (all lights off, only the light from my TV barely adding anything to make the picture brighter).

Without the paper:

IMAG0010.jpg

I think it lost quite a bit of it's color, and the glare off the picture at the end of the hall is much brighter here. More washed out... I think diffusing it helps at night, but otherwise it's best left open.

Hope ya'll love me for this... woke up my step sister with the flashing in the hall way. (That sounded bad)

Reactions: s_special
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones