• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Improved battery since GB update?

Upvote 0
Based on one day of use, I'm seeing battery life along the lines of what I would normally get when running Juice Defender with GB. I'm going to see how long it lasts (probably won't charge overnight) and maybe run a second day after full charge to get a better feel, but right now it looks like a significant increase.

Upvote 0
Based on one day of use, I'm seeing battery life along the lines of what I would normally get when running Juice Defender with GB. I'm going to see how long it lasts (probably won't charge overnight) and maybe run a second day after full charge to get a better feel, but right now it looks like a significant increase.

Update. I downloaded one of the battery widgets to get a more precise charge level. Right now I'm at 67% and the phones been off charger for 12 hours and 15 minutes.

I think I mentioned earlier, while this has been a light use day (just checking some emails, little screen time and not phone calls), I do keep wifi and bluetooth on all the time, as well as screen on auto brightness and sync activated. Also, I have one exchange push account setup, to Gmail emails syncing, and three accounts setup in K9 email for Imap Idle (essentially a push email).

Never before GB would I get 12+ hours and have 70% (what the normal battery read out would show) of battery left. Even on a light use day. Typically, I would be down to 70% around 7 or 8 hours on a light use day.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones