• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Mods Improvements for desktop use

Is there any way of making Android behave a bit more like a desktop OS? Specifically, I'm trying to run it on a couple of devices that don't support touchscreens (a Toshiba AC100 smartbook and a MK808B computer-on-a-stick), and the stock way of handling the interface is annoying on a mouse and keyboard.

At the very least I'd need the contextual menu to pop up with the right mouse click instead of a long-left-click, and to somehow enable the usual desktop browser shortcuts (like ctrl+t, ctrl+w and such) for the keyboard. Any other similar modifications would be welcome.

And before you ask: yes, I did try to run Linux on both devices. The AC100's hardware is too weak and it results in a painfully slow experience; the stick is faster and has more memory, but Linux on it is badly supported and the drivers are troublesome.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones