1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Improving Battery Life On Galaxy Ace

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Herrick, Apr 19, 2012.

1. Herrick

Herrick Lurker

Hey guys I just bought my Galaxy Ace today, its my first Android. I'm still getting used to it but I wondered if you could help me with tips on saving battery life.

I have heard things like switching from 3G to 2G, how exactly do I do that?

I was looking at Juice Defender too, but there's three versions. JD Free, JD Ultimate and JD Plus, should I just get the Ultimate version?

What other stuff could I do and other apps could I get? I've heard something about an advanced task killer?

Sorry I'm a complete noob :eek: I would really appreciate any help.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Deleted User

Deleted User Guest

to switch from 3g to 2g go to
    Settings->wifi and networks->mobile networks and
    set Network mode as GSM only.

its batter not to use any task killers coz you may end up using more juice killing the tasks then to keep them running. you can try advanced task killer though if it shows any improvement, well and good.

I would also suggest you to keep your Auto-Sync off, which is in Accounts and Sync settings. and rely on manually syncing when ever required. i use power control widget which gives a short cut to do the same.

do keep your wifi and GPS off if you are not using it..

reduce your display brightness... helps in a big way.

if you do this you should get the backup for good 24hrs on a normal usage, and since you are new to the phone you will tend to experiment a bit on it which will consume some juice but once you get a hang of it you will clearly see the difference.

hope i have helped you and answered your questions....

Don't forget to hit Thanks, That't the like button we use around here.... :)

Herrick and bearixora like this.

Samsung Galaxy Ace Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Ace release date was February 2011. Features and Specs include a 3.5" inch screen, 5MP camera, 278GB RAM, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1350mAh battery.

February 2011
Release Date
Reviews