1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

IMS registration status it says "Not registered"

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by zz77, Nov 14, 2021.

1. zz77

zz77 Member

I have the Note 9 SM-N960F exynos I had mint mobile I decided to switch to TracFone I picked the AT&T sim card. I activated it on Friday it took a few hours. Mobile data worked, but couldn't make phone calls. I looked in the sim card status in the IMS registration status it says "Not registered". I did a network reset it worked until yesterday it said the IMS registration is not "Not registered". So I ended up reflashing the bootloader and modem and the Alexis Rom custom rom it worked until today. Is it my phone or is it AT&T not supporting the phone?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. mikedt

mikedt 你好

"exynos", so I assume it's an imported phone you've got there. Because Samsung usually supplies Qualcomm Snapdragon phones in the US, not Exynos. And from what you've described it could be a compatibility problem with the carrier, specifically it may not support VoLTE with TracFone. Along with the "Not registered" message.

It maybe worth you enquiring with TracFone's or AT&T's customer service, see if they can suggest anything. Apparently the US carriers are turning off their 3G networks, so you must have a phone that support VoLTE, otherwise it won't be able to make phone calls.

#2 mikedt, Nov 17, 2021
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2021

Samsung Galaxy Note 9 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Note 9 release date was August 2018. Features and Specs include a 6.4" inch screen, 12MP camera, 6/8GB RAM, Exynos 9810 processor, and 4000mAh battery.

August 2018
Release Date
Reviews