• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root In a boot loop, need help

Well spent most of the day trying to figure this out so I have to ask now. Is there a way to use the dialer codes, ## in CM11 or is there a sense rom I can flash? I'm on Ting and since this phone wasn't working for a while I switched to another phone and need to use the ## code to get this one back on to Ting.

You can't use those codes in CM. You'll need to flash a stock rooted ROM for them to work. The only one I can currently locate doesn't have working links, and I haven't been able to get it to flash properly myself. Maybe it'll work better for you. I'm uploading the copy I have to another server.

Ideally if you're going to be doing any network switching like that, you should do it before flashing any custom ROM (like CM).

EDIT: https://s.basketbuild.com/filedl/de...wel_stock_rooted_Sense5_Android4.3_deodex.zip

If that doesn't flash, I'll have to harass the guy that built that zip to fix it for you.

Upvote 0
I know, he said sheepishly. With all the problems I had trying to flash this I completely forgot. I guess worse comes to worse I could lock, flash the RUU then do the ## code then s-off again right? On the bright side at least I know how to do it all now ;)

Also, I flashed TWRP but when I rebooted it uses CWM. I don't care that much but would I just reflash TWRP to get back using that one?

And that rom failed for me too.

Upvote 0
I know, he said sheepishly. With all the problems I had trying to flash this I completely forgot. I guess worse comes to worse I could lock, flash the RUU then do the ## code then s-off again right? On the bright side at least I know how to do it all now ;)
When you're S-OFF, you don't have to relock to flash anything, and flashing an RUU will not change your S-OFF status :). One of the benefits of being S-OFF ;).

Reactions: romanlynch
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones