• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help In a bricky situation

Alderzan

Lurker
Nov 15, 2014
Hey guys. So I'm in a bit of a predicament.

I rooted my phone using framaroot and I also had installed clockworkmod there as well while it was rooted.

So then I tried to flash a Kit Kat ROM which didn't work well for my phone. I was able to bring it back to life via Odin.

So then I did a factory reset to try and return my phone back to stock after I had unrooted my phone. I deleted all my installed apps and no matter how many times I did a factory reset it would still have the same settings.

So then I'm guessing that I tried to flash a different ROM or what I thought was the right stock ROM to return things to normal, but now my phone won't get past the second Samsung logo.

I've used Odin to put in different recoveries, and none (out of 15 now) have been successful.

Also, only the download option appears. The phone will not allow me to enter Recovery Mode.

What do I need to do to return my phone to stock conditions?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones