1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

in big trouble phone not working ( need nandroid backup please)

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Lortab, Dec 29, 2011.

1. Lortab

Lortab Newbie

Well i cleared all data from my phone and sd and now have this error message constantly looping and my phone is a brick basically.
    the process android.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again.
    If anyone can help me by giving me a nandroid backup or something that would be great.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. MizzouBrent

MizzouBrent Android Expert

Nandroid backups are phone specific. I wouldn't try taking one backup and using it on a different phone. Do you have any way to get a clean rom on your SD card? Either with a card reader or putting it in a different phone and copying it over would work. From there you can put a rom on the card and flash.

Come on man, rule #1 is always have a nandroid backup! On your SD card, on your PC and stored on a cloud like Dropbox.

andygu3, ocnbrze and 9to5cynic like this.
  3. 9to5cynic

9to5cynic Android Expert

If you have absolutely no nandroid, well, you could be SOL. That being said, have you tried a full wipe and re-flash?

ocnbrze likes this.
  4. MizzouBrent

Sounds like it's booting if he's getting a force close error. He could even mount USB in recovery, copy a rom over, and flash.

Edit: Make sure you use Amon RA and wipe data/factory reset, cache, dalvik cache and flash either Calkulin's format all zip file or Virus's superwipe.

andygu3 likes this.
  5. Lortab

Lortab Newbie

it wont go into recovery i just put a new rom on and accidentally did factory reset on sd card as well as phone and so i tried putting a rom on and when i did this is what i have now. Idk how to xplain.

6. Lortab

Lortab Newbie

please just someone tell me what to do my phone is useless right now.
    I can get to the bootloader when i hit recovery it just boots the phone.

And when the phone boots i get nothing on the screen but that error message looping

7. MizzouBrent

Even if you wiped all, it wouldn't touch your recovery. Pull your battery. Wait a few seconds and hold Volume Down and then at the same time press power until the white screen comes on. Let it scan and then go to recovery and press power. What happens?

8. MizzouBrent

Go here

[Recovery] [09-Feb-2011] RA-supersonic-v2.3 - xda-developers

Get the PC36IMG.zip file in the OP. Get it onto the root of your SD card. This means to put it in the top level of your card, don't put it in any folders. It has to be named PC36IMG.zip exactly (and it should be by default). The bootloader will scan and ask you if you want to update. Select yet. This will get you into the best recovery you can put on your phone. Can you do that?

andygu3 likes this.
  9. Lortab

Lortab Newbie

can someone aim me or something?

10. 9to5cynic

9to5cynic Android Expert

Okay, so it seems like he's got a bork'd recovery. When he goes into recoveyr, it just boots the phone...? Something I've not heard of yet.

The force close seems to be preventing him from accessing anything on the phone (usb mode) and he's without a sd card reader.

FYI

Seems that the phone is booting, from bootloader it seems he was able to 'clear storage' and now the phone is booting. I'm still suggesting to go ahead and put on the recovery.

3. Okay, so phone is booting, but he's having sd card issues. It won't mount the sd card. I'm not sure if this is just a fluke that it booted without problems, and really, I only see pulling the card and putting it back in as an option. He can't format the card from within the phone because that phone isn't recognizing the card.

11. Lortab

Lortab Newbie

I know how to do this the problem now is getting it onto the sd card because i dont have a sd card thing is there anyway to do it from the bootloader screen

12. MizzouBrent

Do you have an old phone or something you could put your sd card into and do it that way?Don't worry, we'll get you up and running one way or the other. You aren't bricked if your phone is booting.

andygu3 and 9to5cynic like this.
  13. 9to5cynic

9to5cynic Android Expert

Okay, seems the phone is now booting fine (no FC's), but it still doesn't recognize the sd card.

EDIT1:
    I'm sure a format of the card with fix whatever is going on (well, pretty sure), but without being able to connect - it's tricky. Right now I'm having him boot without the sd card, then put it back in and reboot. what the hell right?

14. MizzouBrent

Like it doesn't realize it's there? make sure it's snapped in securely. Or it's possible the card has gone bad I suppose. Does he have a recovery?

15. argedion

argedion The TechnoFrog

should be able to access USB from recovery. I think you need to pull battery and then volume down + power and choose recovery. If you can get there you will have no issues if not you may have to run to walmart and purchase a card reader. Either way you have to be able to get into recovery to clean and flash.

Do you have a Camera with a Card in it? If you can hook up the camera to the computer maybe you could take your Micro SD Card put it in an Micro SD Card adapter copy the file over to camera and then put Micro back into phone.

16. 9to5cynic

9to5cynic Android Expert

Recovery is bork'd, nothing works there. He said he tried to flash the new recovery (the touch one... four letters.... forget what it's called. twps maybe?)...

he says that he's tried both a 8 gb card and a 32 gb card, nothings working. Nothing is showing up in the menu > settings > sd card / storage ... hmm..

17. argedion

argedion The TechnoFrog

maybe go in an mount the card? or unmount then mount.

18. 9to5cynic

9to5cynic Android Expert

Can't it says there isn't anything mounted to begin with...
    he's gonna try and put the file on the SD card on his sister's mac...
    and from there hopefully format it and put on the pc36img.zip file

anyone know what filesystem the sd should be in? I'm guessing FAT16 or 32... but I can't recall.

19. argedion

argedion The TechnoFrog

Fat 32 would be best

20. 9to5cynic

9to5cynic Android Expert

okay, thanks. I wasn't sure if the phone read both or what...

21. Lortab

Lortab Newbie

ok well we are still at a stand still my plan tomorrow is to get one of those usb reader thingys and put the pc img file on it.
    Can someone provide me that link again so i can send the link to my email so i can do this while i am at work.

Hopefully then i can get into recovery and clean everything and flash a rom if someone can provide me a pcimg file download and a decent quick rom for tomorrow it would be much appreciated.

Also one other strange thing when i plus the phone into charge it doesnt do anything no light no charging action. But then when I go and unplug it the light comes on and it charges, strange huh?

22. MizzouBrent

What link do you need? ROM or recovery?

23. andygu3

andygu3 Android Expert

If your phone is turned off after the battery has been pulled, the phone should charge. My suggestion is to wait till you get a green light(charged 100%) before moving any further. Then there won't be any other problem when flashing your recovery or flashing a rom.

Anyways, Mizzou posted a stable recovery for you to flash, he also posted the steps of how to get the PC36IMG.zip to flash. If your phone is not recognizing the sdcard then it's best to format the card and put the PC36IMG.zip on the sdcard, pull battery and update your recovery. It would also be wise to put a rom zip on the card so when you get to recovery then, you can flash the rom after wiping

9to5cynic and MizzouBrent like this.

HTC EVO 4G Forum

The HTC EVO 4G release date was June 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 512GB RAM, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1500mAh battery.

June 2010
Release Date
Reviews