1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

In-built file browser

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by sam007, Jan 20, 2012.

1. sam007

sam007 Well-Known Member

Guys

does ICS for verizon nexus have an in-built file browser to access internal storage?

Also, i'm guessing this phone doesn't have any sd card slot. Rigth?

Thanks

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Lohung

Lohung Android Enthusiast

This phone DOES NOT have a file manger built into it. There are greatfree ones like Astro. But nothing currently built in

this card does NOT come with a SD card slot. The phone has 32 gig internal memory though.

NexusTootsie likes this.
  3. HamakiBCN

HamakiBCN Newbie

I'm kind of wondering why they didn't see fit to add a built-in file browser. I understand that, since they're using MTP instead of MSP, as long as the user transfer the files through the "send to device" option, there's little need to browse for media files and such (they'll be sent to the appropiate folder automatically) but it's still kind of silly that, in a developer oriented device, you have to rely on a 3rd party solution to run an APK file.

Maybe they took the "if you have a file manger, you blew it" thing too seriously :p

4. dhworph

dhworph Android Enthusiast

I also vote that ICS should have had a built in file browser... hell it should have had a built in root file browser and terminal app! ;)

5. alamoe

alamoe Android Enthusiast

I really don't understand why Google hasn't included a file manager in Android yet. Maybe they will in Jellybean.

Galaxy Nexus Forum

The Galaxy Nexus release date was November 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.65" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, TI OMAP 4460 processor, and 1750mAh battery.

November 2011
Release Date
Reviews