• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

In call recording

Isn't that illegal? lol

w/o the other person knowing?

Not in all states. In many states only ONE party has to know. That prevents a THIRD party from recording calls between 2 other people. In NJ you can record all the calls you want as long as it is a call you are participating in. With my VOIP service I can select to record a call by dialing a prefix before the number. It recently saved me over $1000 with our medical insurance company when they gave me incorrect information and they had to eat the hospital fees. I record all calls to any business when it is in regard to billing issues. My satellite TV provider once promised me a relatively large credit. When I didn't get it they denied ever offering it. When the "executive response team" heard the conversation they reluctantly paid up.

Upvote 0
Has anyone been able to get an in call recording program for the EVO to work. I found a program and it records the converation but the file is not supported for our phones I think it was a .gpg file? I could listen to it once I file transfered to my computer.
I'd like to find one myself. My old Treo 650 (many years ago) had one but haven't seen an android app,

Upvote 0
Not sure about the Evo, but I am using vRecorder with my HTC Incredible. It works but only records sound through the microphone, so the other party's voice is very faint, though still audible.
I've had the Motorola Droid before this, and tried every app I could find with no success. I was told that Motorola disabled call recording of any kind in the OS.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones