• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
I hope they manage to resolve the low volume when using a bluetooth headset also.
huh? i jump into this forum once in awhile to see the development on the x10 front...even though i returned mine (which admittedly was a complete lemon and likely not representable of all x10's).
I am not like some that like one phone and hate all others, the x10 was a pretty phone, but i did not trust getting another.

but when i see a complaint on an issue i experienced i chime in...i equally...chime in disagreeing if i see something in my opinion wrong.

didnt like the phone overall..but the call volume issue is real..its a nitemare trying to find that tiny spot where you can barely hear someone...but your comment re bluetooth?
my experience was completely opposite, i found with a bluetooth earpiece i heard the other person in complete loud and clear speech. They also complimented the sound...well...when it wasnt cracking and popping weird sounds in their ear...hurting them....
...but overall the bluetooth volume was loud and clear.

Upvote 0
didnt like the phone overall..but the call volume issue is real..its a nitemare trying to find that tiny spot where you can barely hear someone...but your comment re bluetooth?
my experience was completely opposite, i found with a bluetooth earpiece i heard the other person in complete loud and clear speech. They also complimented the sound...well...when it wasnt cracking and popping weird sounds in their ear...hurting them....
...but overall the bluetooth volume was loud and clear.

Thats strange. I wonder if it is phone dependant or even bluetooth device dependant.

I am using a Sony Ericsson HBH-602.

I use it in the car to make calls.

When I use the same headset with a Sony Ericsson K610i or a Sony Ericsson Elm or a Sony Ericsson P1i the audio level through the headset is fine.

When I used the headset with the X10i the audio level is so much lower.

I have tested this calling the same person, using the same mobile network, driving the same car along the same road at the same speed. The only difference is the mobile phone itself.

In my experience bluetooth audio is alot lower.

Regarding normal phone audio I agree that there is a sweet spot when holding the phone and it can be hard sometimes to find the exact correct position of the ear against the phone.

Upvote 0
Thats strange. I wonder if it is phone dependant or even bluetooth device dependant.

I am using a Sony Ericsson HBH-602.

I use it in the car to make calls.

When I use the same headset with a Sony Ericsson K610i or a Sony Ericsson Elm or a Sony Ericsson P1i the audio level through the headset is fine.

When I used the headset with the X10i the audio level is so much lower.

I have tested this calling the same person, using the same mobile network, driving the same car along the same road at the same speed. The only difference is the mobile phone itself.

In my experience bluetooth audio is alot lower.

Regarding normal phone audio I agree that there is a sweet spot when holding the phone and it can be hard sometimes to find the exact correct position of the ear against the phone.
my bluetooth that i used with it was just a cheapie plantronics model. you could be right re different models have different volumes. But mine was very loud and clear...which made the occasional call without it...when lets say you didnt have the earpiece with you...unbearable. if i had to simply use the phone by itself it was painful as i strained mightily to hear people.

Upvote 0
I've noticed that sounds from the earpeace, whether from the test menu, or when I get a notification while in a call, are very loud, sometimes too loud lol

So maybe they can improve things with the update, although i'm guessing it hasn't been addressed yet because it's something to do with Android 1.6? Only guessing though, and hoping, as my in call volume, and the volume on my Sony Bluetooth headset, are very low right now.

Fingers crossed.
Biff.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones