• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help In car audio quality very poor.....

uktivo

Jan 17, 2011
Hi all.

I'm using the SGS2 with my new F10 BMW 5 series integrated bluetooth.

When driving there is a MASSIVE amount of noise being introduced, so much so the other party can't hear anything I'm saying... I know it's not the car system because if I then swap back the IP4, the same call is crystal clear, no noise what so ever..

Anyone else had any issues?????

The noise is caused by the wind and in order to remove it you need to have a noise cancellation algorithm. It looks like in IP4 there is a noise cancellation algorithm but in SGS2 there is no such noise cancellation.

I suggest you take a look at the manual of SGS2 and see if there is an option to activate noise cancellation.

Upvote 0
Thanks for the info.. I have actually activated noise cancelation during the call with no real effect.

This is really the only side of the phone I feel is worse than the iphone. Samsung should take this seriously and do some work on this if they want to attract business users over to Android. I've reported my findings to Samsung.. I suggest anyone else with the same problem or concern do the same...

Upvote 0
UKTIVO,

It sounds like I have the same problem as you.

I have the new Kia Sportage and my Apple 3GS worked fine with hands free. When I dial from the SGS2 it sounds like a Dalek is speaking however it can be overcome by turning off the headset from the phone's screen and back on again but this has to be done for every call and is not a sufficient fix for me. If I dial from the car system instead is begins normal and lasts for around 2 seconds before dropping out and coming back with those Daleks again!

Have you made any progress it finding an answer to this?

Upvote 0
UKTIVO,

It sounds like I have the same problem as you.

I have the new Kia Sportage and my Apple 3GS worked fine with hands free. When I dial from the SGS2 it sounds like a Dalek is speaking however it can be overcome by turning off the headset from the phone's screen and back on again but this has to be done for every call and is not a sufficient fix for me. If I dial from the car system instead is begins normal and lasts for around 2 seconds before dropping out and coming back with those Daleks again!

Have you made any progress it finding an answer to this?

Hi thanks for the suggestion, I will give it a go. I too suffer the Dr Who effect.. I've found zero solutions for my problems so far. I have reported it to Samsung but they haven't responded at all..

I think it could be fixed with an update, just not too sure how urgent this update would be compared with other niggles they have at the moment..

Upvote 0
I use the original Samsung Vehicle Dock and both the audio player sound (through the HU) and the phone sound (just through the phone on speaker) are fine - as good as you'd expect from a hands-free car phone.

Certainly no worse than any other phone I've used.

(Mind you, I still think my original Motorola Flip had the best car-kit I've ever seen/used, and that was getting on for twenty years ago... no, that's can't be true, but you know what I mean).

Upvote 0
Hi again,

I managed to improve quality of sound and reduce eco by reducing the volume of the speakers of the car and by reducing the volumen of my car mic.

If you mute your phone the other person won't listen to himself/herself but you also mute the car player, so it is not good.

I believe they need to update bluetooth drivers...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones