• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help In-Car Bluetooth Help

Sierra255

Oct 15, 2011
I have a couple of issues I'd like to resolve if possible. I have my phone with my vehicle ('12 Toyota Tundra) and can talk through the vehicle as well as play audio via Bluetooth. Here are my issues.

1. I can't make any calls by using the auto-dialing feature of the vehicle (voice dialing). When I try to tell it to call one of my contacts, the truck says the contact doesn't exist. I think I have to upload my contacts to the vehicle, but every time I try that, it fails to send them, even when done one at a time. Any ideas on how to resolve this? I can still use the vehicle to talk on a call if I do all of the work to place it through the phone like usual.

2. I have an iPhone 3GS that I've been using as an iPod. When I connected it via Bluetooth audio, I was able to use the vehicle audio controls to change songs. On my GSII, it plays music just fine, but the audio controls to change songs don't work. Any ideas?

I'm sure both issues are something simple like a setting, but I can't seem to find out what they are.

Thank you in advance for any assistance you can provide.

A quick update on something I found out about #2. I tried Player Pro Free Trial and the vehicle audio controls worked. However, it didn't send the song and artist names to the vehicle. Oh well. I guess the fix is the player, but I just have to find one that I like and does everything I want. The stock music player does send the song and artist info so it shows on my stereo, but the controls don't work from it, only the phone.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones