1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

In car bluetooth music

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Jamie Catchpole, Feb 2, 2016.

1. Jamie Catchpole

I have a problem which is bugging me. I recently purchased a Nexus 6P which is a great phone. But it does seem to have an issue with in car bluetooth music. Before i had Samsung Galaxy's which when bluetooth was on would automatically connect to my Ford car (SYNC) it also had a default standard app called music which had a speaker as a symbol. If i pushed the AUX button on the car it would automatically connect to the the music on my phone and start it from the place it finished previously. I(f i pushed radio on the car it would stop the music app and pause the song at that point so when i started it again, we would start from that place.
    The Nexus 6p does not have this app as standard just Google Play music which i do not like. The nexus 6p does not do any of the above and i can only play music through the car if i start the app manually on the phone which is not the point of having bluetooth in car while im driving.
    I have installed the same music app that i had on my Samsung but it makes no difference even if i choose it as default app.
    Does any one have the same issues?
    Is there a fix?

Thanks

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. codesplice

codesplice Elite Recognized Moderator

Hi @Jamie Catchpole and welcome to Android Forums :)

I (and several others) have encountered numerous weird Bluetooth issues with the 6P. In my case, the 6P will (generally) automatically connect to my car stereo and Google Play Music will automatically resume audio playback - but will stutter and stammer for the first thirty seconds or so. Once it settles in everything is fine. It's just weird.

Unfortunately, I don't think there's a fix that works across the board. Some people have had luck with unpairing/repairing devices or trying to change other Bluetooth-related settings (both on the phone as well as the stereo).

The good news, I guess, is that Google is aware of the issue and has even marked it as "fixed in a future release". Now we just have to wait for that fix to be pushed via OTA.

Nexus 6P Forum

The Nexus 6P release date was September 2015. Features and Specs include a 5.7" inch screen, 12MP camera, 3GB RAM, Snapdragon 810 processor, and 3450mAh battery.

September 2015
Release Date
Reviews