• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help in car head jack aux playback issue

thequeenscheese

Android Expert
Nov 8, 2010
Hi when i use the headphone jack out to jack in on my cars head unit(ripspeed mini dvd player), it works fine but when i plug the charge wire in it gets louder (which is good spose) but it stutters and jumps any ideas?

The bat wont be lasting long if i cant solve this its not an official cable but it was an expensive retractable multi device charge wire utilising usb and diff heads and works perfectly with maps etc - the problem doesnt occur in the house using the wall charger, ive just done the 4.1.2 jb also dunno if theres an issue with that as this was the first time ive tried doing this..

There is a known problem when BOTH the USB cable is plugged in to charge the phone and you're playing audio through the Aux jack. IT's known as a ground loop -- and it affected my GS3, too.

The link below is to a device you can buy and plug inline:

PAC Ground Loop Isolator for 3.5 MM Applications : Amazon.com : Automotive

I found that it helped somewhat, but it didn't completely fix the problem.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones