• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help In car holder for Galaxy S2

I just bought a vent holder from scosche for my Captivate, but it will fit any phone.

It's about 15 bucks from Wal Mart. Amazon also sells similar things, $13 for one that includes both a vent holder and one that sticks on windshield.

Anyways, as far as the scosche, it works well, stable and easy to install, rotates either portrait or landscape.

It's (by "it" i mean the entire vent holder concept, not the implementation) not as "great" as I thought it would be at first though. Fact is you still cant really do much without drawing attention from the road (I guess I thought I would be able to focus on the road and still play with phone) and sometimes I think just holding it would be better, But for certain things, would be nice. Watching/listening to a video for example, it would be unbeatable.

Also I feel a little weird playing with my fancy smartphone while driving my beat up 94 truck LOL, wondering what nearby drivers think. My phones is literally almost worth more than my truck (kelly blu book trade in value on my truck is something pathetic along the lines of $400-$600, not joking, but hey it's still a good daily driver)

Reactions: chillibean
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones