1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

in case of emergency contacts

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by smfoley1, Jul 16, 2013.

1. smfoley1

smfoley1 Android Enthusiast

So I just came over to the RAZR HD from the bionic. With the bionic and the RAZR I am using the pattern lock screen. With the bionic on that lock screen there was an emergency contacts button to store 3 contacts that could be accessed with out unlocking the phone. It appears the RAZR does not have this or at least I haven't found it. Does this exist on the RAZR

2. IHateMyTreo

IHateMyTreo Android Expert

That's weird. Before the recent update, IIRC the Emergency Call button was at the bottom of my lock screen (I use pattern lock). I had a short list of the emergency contacts. The button is still there but no more list of emergency contacts for ICE, and no way to input/save them. Just a blank dialer. Hmm...

3. smfoley1

Ya, seems like a stupid thing to eliminate. If you get hurt and your phone is locked, it was nice that someone could contact someone in that list and the call would be coming from your phone number as most ppl these days dont answer an unknown number

4. IHateMyTreo

IHateMyTreo Android Expert

Moto Forum admits the feature was dropped, and suggests using an app! Which may or may not play nicely with your lock screen.:banghead:

5. I just moved over to Droid MAXX from Droid X and miss this feature (having three emergency phone numbers). Can you recommend an app that might work?

larrryg likes this.
  6. larrryg

larrryg Lurker

Same problem, same question :( Just moved to MAXX from Razr Maxx.

7. smfoley1

heres what I did since the ICE is not on the RAZR...
    settings > security > owner info then just type in EMERGENCY CONTACT followed by a name(s) and phone number(s). if you're hurt and someone picks up your phone and pushes the power button it scrolls across the screen just below the time and date

lwaltz, gorilla33, Ag76 and 1 other person like this.

Motorola Droid RAZR HD / MAXX HD Forum

The Motorola Droid RAZR HD / MAXX HD release date was November 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.7" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Snapdragon S4 Plus processor, and 3300mAh battery.

November 2012
Release Date
Reviews