1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

In Case of Emergency details for locked phone?

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by Deleted User, May 1, 2012.

1. Deleted User

Deleted User Guest

Hi,

I have just installed a function to lock my (Samsung Galaxy S2, recently upgraded to that icecream sandwich software) phone screen. I don't really like doing this because I kind of worry, what if I got hit by a bus and hospital staff needed to contact my next of kin or ICE number? I worry about my husband who has an Iphone and locks his screen too.

Do you have any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. DonB

DonB ♡ Truth, Justice and the American Way !! ♡ ™

Yes disable the password feature, simply have it swipe to unlock with no pattern or number

You can also download an app called no loch from the play store

Deleted User likes this.
  3. Rachel A

Rachel A Android Expert

I use an app called ICE that replaces the lock screen with one that contains ICE info such as contacts, medications and insurance details. It's on Google Play but it is a paid app. Unsure if it works on ICS though since I'm still on FroYo myself.

Deleted User likes this.
  4. Deleted User

Deleted User Guest

I don't mind having privacy so would perhaps prefer to keep the password function (actually using the face recognition thing and/or pattern swipe function). I noticed that there are some paid apps which is an option but I was just wondering if there was a free solution.

5. Hadron

Hadron Smoke me a kipper...
    VIP Member

I use WidgetLocker, which allows me to customise my lockscreen. Then I put a Minimalistic Text widget on the screen with information I want anyone finding the phone to be able to read. For me that's just "If you find this please email xxx@yyy", but you could put emergency contacts up that way as well.

Deleted User likes this.
  6. A.Nonymous

A.Nonymous Extreme Android User

I would not recommend this because I think it makes your phone less secure.

I would recommend Contact Owner. It's free, you can still lock your phone and you can put emergency contact info of your choice on the lock screen. Mine is just a simple, "If found, contact XXX at XXX-XXXX" type thing.

7. Appventive

Appventive Member

You might want to check out "ICE: In Case of Emergency" by Appventive (me;-): https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.appventive.ice

You can access your info even when the phone is locked. Works great on ICS. You can also dynamically switch between many languages when travelling.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Cheers,
    Steve