1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

in dash media tablet volume

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by yelkram, Jan 27, 2014.

1. yelkram

yelkram Lurker
    None

Jan 27, 2014
    Male
    assembly
    chillicothe ohio
    Hello, I'm new to the site and relatively new to android. I've made and installed a zeki tablet in my 2000 acura Integra gsr for mostly media purposes. I am having problems finding a couple apps to make it more user friendly for me while driving. Due to the way I've installed it I cannot press the volume buttons I must have tried 20 different on screen apps to control volume but they are all lacking what I need which is a slider style action and only controls main or media volume and it needs to be rather large so its easy to adjust while driving. I have setup the tablet to turn on/off screen with my ignition switch but this still allows the music to keep playing would like to figure out how to make it pause automatically when the screen shuts off. thanks for any advice in advance... once I'm allowed to post picture up I will. thanks again.

Advertisement

2. Trimbaud

Trimbaud Well-Known Member
    None

Aug 22, 2011
    Male
    Collector
    Pennsylvania
    I use a very simple app called -wait for it - Volume Control - by Rubberbigpepper. It's in the Play Store, and enables a semi transparent slider. Its installed on my other tablet, but as I recall the placement and opaque level are adjustable.

yelkram likes this.
  3. yelkram

yelkram Lurker
    None

Jan 27, 2014
    Male
    assembly
    chillicothe ohio
    I have taken your advice and installed volume control by rubberbigpepper on my phone to try it out looks like it is just what I needed. As long as it works on my tablet as well as it does on my phone. So thank you for your response. I had saw that one on there during my search but with the icon looked like it was going to be a knob style so I never tried that one. just goes to show not to judge a book by its cover I guess. I'll install it on my tablet tomorrow. Thanks again.

Trimbaud likes this.