1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Root In desperate need of...

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by rmp5s, Apr 6, 2010.

1. rmp5s

rmp5s Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2010
    ...a REFRESHER course! lol

I have had TheDudeEdition v1.0 on my G1 for about a year now. I have decided it's time to mix it up a bit.

Well...in my recent research, I've stumbled across some unfamiliar things and I really don't wanna jack up my phone...I love my G1 (in all of its old glory...lol).

I want to give Maxismas Sapphire Sense v2.0.1 a shot.

[ROM][G1/MAGIC:32B] Sapphire Sense by Maxisma v2.0.1 [25/OKT] - xda-developers

Most of that makes sense (the SPL and radios needed and all that I've delt with before) but I haven't messed with partitioning and stuff before. What is all this about partitions and stuff? I know what partitions are (I work in IT) but I'm unfamiliar with how it relates to the Android OS. If anyone can give me a quick rundown on how to get this working, that would be awesome!

And, since it's my first post, here's a bit about me for the helluvit:

Phone: My Black G1 and I are in Southern Cali. G1's, rooted, running TheDudeEdition v1.0 I've had the good ol' G1 for a year and a half or so now and it's still going strong. Despite it being through a LOT, it has no cracked screen (knock on wood), no issues, no problems...amazing hardware! (I've even dropped it from significant heights...like...over 6'...a few times onto concrete and it didn't even shut off!)

I MIGHT replace it with the Nexus One when it comes to Verizon this spring but we'll see...the HTC Evo coming to Sprint later this year looks AMAZING...:-D

So...yea...look forward to the forum!

Advertisement

Tags: