1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

In-Folder icons are Huge! (Note 4)

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Zithras, Nov 1, 2014.

1. Zithras

Zithras Lurker

I have a ATT galaxy note 4, with default Touchwiz launcher.
    When I put apps in a folder, then open the folder, the icons are HUGE, with only 3 columns and 4 rows (12 total apps) being displayed per screen. I have a lot of apps, and scrolling through folders is not fun. This is ridiculous.
    Even the S4, with a screen half the size, shows a (better) 4 columns/4 rows (16 apps) per page. If anything, the Note 4 should be able to fit in an extra column and 2 rows, not 1 row less!

How do I increase the number of icon columns (and preferably rows too) in the folder display? I can't find any setting for it and google is not helping. A folder management app(paid or free) woudl be fine, but I would prefer not to have to install a new launcher simply to fix this.

Thanks for the help!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. techjunkie860

techjunkie860 Member

Download NOVA Launcher and make almost all the adjustments you feel necessary.

3. Zithras

Zithras Lurker

Thanks, but as mentioned, I was really looking for a solution other than a complete launcher replacement. Any other possibilities?

4. Andrewtst

Andrewtst Android Enthusiast

No way for now. Wait custom ROM if anyone change that.

5. Zithras

Zithras Lurker

That's...disappointing. It makes no sense to me that a phone with a larger screen actually has fewer icons per page than one with a screen half its size running the same OS. Programming fail.

Oh well, maybe i'll have to try Nova eventually then...

Hopefully this won't bother me for long enough that I switch. Are folder contents carried on into nova if installed, or do I have to reorganize all apps?

6. Andrewtst

Andrewtst Android Enthusiast

You need reorganize it and remember some stock widget won't be there especially the weather widget.

The 3*4 icons inside folder is new standard set by Samsung, it is like that since S5 and all future updates.

Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Note 4 release date was October 2014. Features and Specs include a 5.7" inch screen, 16MP camera, 3GB RAM, Snapdragon 805 processor, and 3220mAh battery.

October 2014
Release Date
Reviews