• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help * In front of phone number

primepinoy

Lurker
Sep 30, 2010
Ok. I dont know why this keeps happening only for a certain someones phone number.

If I try making a new contact (whether it be SIM or Phone) I type the number but once I use it for a single successful text message, and by doing so started a text thread, the thread makes it put a * in front of the number. Now that the * is in front the following text message will not go through.

It is only for this number. The number contains an area code Ive always used, I dont know if that helps. Just a normal xxx-xxx-xxxx number. its local.

yeah so Im in the right place I believe. Samsung Captivate.

I thought it had something to do with me syncing facebook, but even after removing facebook sync along with all related contacts and remaking the contact same result.

-----
TL;DR
New contact typed in as: xxx-xxx-xxxx
Single successful text -> Failed Following Texts because changed to
*xxx-xxx-xxxx (same number just the * infront now)

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones