• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help In need of help to flash back to .905 for OTA after flashing ICS...using a MacBook

bronxpixie

Aug 11, 2012
I was able to flash ICS on my Bionic a few months ago without any serious hiccups right from my phone. I have been completely unsuccessful however, when attempting to flash back to. 905 so I can get back on the OTA path and receive the official ICS update from Verizon Wireless. I am a MacBook user, which makes a lot of the links and guides in other posts usable for me, so, after some very helpful people on this site, I tried other sources. Unfortunately, either the links are dead, or, in the case of House of Bionic, the process is extremely complicated and the steps provided lack sufficient detail for a tech novice like me to be able to understand and execute the steps successfully.

Is anyone out there a MacBook user who has been able flash back to. 905 on the Bionic? If so, could you find it in your heart to help a poor soul like me to do it?

A million thanks in advance for helping me!!!

I would advise you using a friend's computer that has windows on it.

Or, if you check Craigslist, there's people who flash phones any way you like, I'd be careful with that option though. There's a guy that spans Craigslist in my area that claims he can flash any android device for 15 bucks! lol

I did do some Google searching and found old links and files that will not work with the bionic's currant firmware. Sorry I couldn't be of more help. :(

Reactions: bronxpixie
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones