• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root In need of Help

Norroth

Jan 23, 2010
I've been searching around, and unable to find the stock files for flashing. The links I've been able to find, are no longer in service.

I'm looking to flash back to stock, then use the official update to CL14. Then go on to custom Kerns.

Any help or a direction, would be great.
Thanks.

I've been searching around, and unable to find the stock files for flashing. The links I've been able to find, are no longer in service.

I'm looking to flash back to stock, then use the official update to CL14. Then go on to custom Kerns.

Any help or a direction, would be great.
Thanks.

No need for that. Just go to Sprint Software Downloads - Smartphones - Samsung Moment with Google and download the CL14 updater from there. You can use the same installer for the custom kernel, just replace the needed files. Hope this helps!

Upvote 0
Can I still do this, even if I have the custom CL14 with a custom Kern?

I need to get offical files, as I may have to return the phone, for a new one. I keep having the phone lock up, and having to pull the battery to fix it.
So I may have to get it exchanged, and don't want the trouble of them, telling me, "we can't do it, due to custom rom installed." bull shit.

Thanks ahead of time.

Upvote 0
Yeah, you can still do it. When you use the official updater from my earlier post, it puts the official CL14 update and the official kernel back on. Much like the RUU for a WinMo device, there's not a single thing in the updater that will stop it if you have a custom ROM, kernel, or both. So, it will be fine for you to take it back to stock with the CL14 updater. Let me know if you need anything else.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones