1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

In praise of LG!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Pulse8, Sep 16, 2017.

1. Pulse8

Pulse8 Well-Known Member
    None

Nov 10, 2012
    Male
    Warwick UK
    I feel I have to post this about my experiences with LG.
    Several weeks ago my beloved G4 died in my arms, as it were.... I was happily doing stuff on it, can't remember what exactly, and it died...like someone had flipped a switch! Nothing I tried could get any sign of life out of it, dead, gone! I googled the problem and found out that many other g4 owners had experienced the exact same problem, and of course, there were no end of suggestions, none of which seemed to have helped anyone to resurrect the phone. So I resigned myself to the fact that it was going in the bin...it was well out of warranty, nearly 2 yrs old, bootloader unlocked, rooted....not much hope. Until a friend suggested contacting LG.....so I did.....got through to a human within seconds, explained the problem to them, and, to my total surprise, they said they may be able to perform a repair.....under warranty!!.....as long as there was no sign of water damage, or obvious physical abuse, or tampering......Anyway, I thought, nothing to lose here. They sent me prerepaid packaging via 'Inpost' (horrid) and next thing I know ( about 10 days later) my phone is returned with a new mainboard!!
    It was like having an old friend back!!.....for a few hours!!.....as I was setting it up, it died on me again.....phoned LG next day, they couldn't be more apologetic! Sent it back.....a week later it was back with another new mainboard, and working like new again! ( unfortunately, they loaded Marsmallow, which sucks battery, but I'm going to downgrade back to Lollipop soon)
    Anyway, that's my story.....LG.....you're brilliant!! customer service second to none!!

Advertisement

dontpanicbobby and psionandy like this.
  2. dontpanicbobby

dontpanicbobby Android Expert

Dec 31, 2011
    Male
    Boston MA USA
    Try a LG V30. I'm using a G6 but I've heard the V30 blows minds with wired headphones

BOT: That's great customer service!

Pulse8 likes this.

LG G4

The LG G4 was launched in 2015. It has a 5.5-inch IPS display and a 16MP camera with Laser Auto Focus and Color Spectrum Sensor. It has a 3,000 mAh removable battery and expandable storage. The G4 can be customized with 6 different leather back covers, and 3 different traditional back covers.