• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help In regards to the Dolphin browser....

Hello all, been trolling for a while and finally decided to register.

Quick question. I have loaded the Dolphin browser as my default browser and the google homepage is stuck in Spanish. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app multiple times and nothing changes. The only way to view it in english is to scroll down to the bottom of the google homepage and press "Google.com in in English". Once I close the browser and come back its back in Spanish. Any ideas or suggestions? I'm sure its gotta be a simple fix but I just can not figure it out.

Thanks in advance.

I swear google used to do this to me from time to time when I'd access the mobile site on my old HTC Touch (WinMo). I remember it once being in spanish and once or twice in german... I think it would be back to english the next day, I know it never stayed around long enough for me to fret about it.

Upvote 0

Quick question. I have loaded the Dolphin browser as my default browser and the google homepage is stuck in Spanish. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app multiple times and nothing changes. The only way to view it in english is to scroll down to the bottom of the google homepage and press "Google.com in in English". Once I close the browser and come back its back in Spanish. Any ideas or suggestions? I'm sure its gotta be a simple fix but I just can not figure it out.

Thanks in advance.

I've noticed this happening, though rarely/sporadically. The most recent time, I had just installed Dolphin and logged into my gmail account--which loaded fine. I closed it out and later opened the default browser by accident, which was no longer logged in and came up in spanish. When I closed that and reopened Dolphin, it was fine. It seems like a google issue. I think it was doing this on my old treo pro too.

Upvote 0
Correction: You weren't "trolling," you were "lurking" (reading without writing anything). This is reasonable, even recommended at first. A troll is someone who deliberately posts something inflammatory in order to garner outraged responses. That is dishonorable. For more information see Troll (Internet) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia and Lurker - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia .

Upvote 0
Correction: You weren't "trolling," you were "lurking" (reading without writing anything). This is reasonable, even recommended at first. A troll is someone who deliberately posts something inflammatory in order to garner outraged responses. That is dishonorable. For more information see Troll (Internet) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia and Lurker - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia .

Seriously!

Well that's what I meant.........lurker.

Google homepage is still giving me the same Spanish homepage on the Dolphin browser.

Upvote 0
Google homepage is still giving me the same Spanish homepage on the Dolphin browser.
I will try to answer your actual question instead of hijacking your thread (and I wasn't trying to criticize, by the way--I just wouldn't want someone who was not a troll to call themselves one).

When I visit Google on my laptop there is a link to the right of the search box labeled "Language Tools." That leads to a page where I can set my default language. Presumably it sends you an HTTP cookie to remember your choice. If you have turned off cookies it may prevent your browser from sending back its preference. I don't have Moment so I can't test this with Dolphin.

As to why your default location was set to Spanish, perhaps this is related to the problem where the GPS in some phones claims the user is in a distant land instead of near home? This is sheer speculation on my part.

Upvote 0
I loaded up the Dolphin browser. I didn't see anything right off that made me think it was better than the default browser. The tabs are nice, but I didn't see a way to zoom in/out like with the default. Am I missing some things here?

+1 here... dolphin seemed like a nice alternative, but I didn't see anything that made me want to use it, at least until we get 2.0 and multi-touch zoom. The gestures seem like a good idea but to me, having to click the corner before you use the gesture negates any convenience that they would provide.

Upvote 0
to zoom hold your finger down to bring the zoom menu around your finger. you can back page with the arrow button and everything else with the nifty menu. i like to hide the tabs and browse that way also i turn off the notifications for RSS feeds. it looks very clean no address bar and i get to surf very fast
http://browser.mgeek.mobi/features take a look at the features , i did not know it did so much!

Upvote 0
alright I checked the link out, maybe I'll give dolphin another go. the only thing that I really missed from the default browser was that awesome button in the lower left corner with the four arrows pointing in that made it real easy to zoom out, zip to another area on the page and zoom back in. I can't find anything like that on dolphin.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones