1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

In Series of 1,000 Speed Tests, Verizon LTE Topples Sprint WiMAX for 4G Supremacy

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by phandroid, Apr 1, 2011.

1. phandroid

phandroid Admin News Bot
    None

Apr 12, 2008
    Sprint’s crown as the king of 4G has just been snatched. According to research by BTIG, the WiMAX network of Sprint is no longer the nation’s fastest, as Verizon’s freshly launched LTE network has come out on top during a recent battery of 1,000 speed tests taking place in New York City. Speeds were compared [...]

More...

Advertisement

2. RiverOfIce

None

Mar 30, 2010
    In exile
    LOL. If I got to a spot that has so-so lte coverage and solid wimax coverage and did the same test, would that prove that wimax has come back and crushed lte?

Do you understand with out know all the data, signal strength, what speed test, time of day, this is just another research firm trying to make itself heard?

I could prove that 2g data is faster then lte in a thousand test, what to see?

jroc likes this.
  3. jroc

jroc Android Expert
    None

Apr 10, 2010
    Like ppl bashing AT&T all the time for phone service....and yet I may be switching to them soon cuz I just moved and AT&T has better reception in my area than Verizon.

4. LaFlavor

LaFlavor Well-Known Member
    None

Feb 8, 2010
    As always, coverage is going to vary from area to area. In some places AT&T is definitely going to give the best coverage. However, there is a pattern of their coverage being somewhat more sketchy than some of their competitors.

This article, however, is publishing a study that isn't even trying to look at a broad pattern. It appears as though they did a test in basically the same place. Repeating that test over and over again doesn't make the results more meaningful. I'm surprised that phandroid would publish this at all, let alone without a prominent disclaimer regarding the methods. You guys should know better.