• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

In the Movies...

^^^Did you IMDb it?

I think this might be the place for this comment...

Many years ago I had a roommate with a rather odd wife. (She was going back to school about 80 miles away so he and I shared a house and she came down most weekends, that’s why he needed a roommate. Tom was a really nice guy, never understood how he ended up with her though.) Anyway, I can remember her at one point on one of those weekends pulling out a VHS tape (I mentioned it was a long time ago) of the movie “The Fisher King” and going on and on about how great a movie it was, how much she loved it, etc.

Given the source/recommendation, it’s probably understandable that I never watched it. Until tonight, that is. It’s not a bad movie, but in the middle I had to stop it to go to imdb and look up a character, who turned out to be Michael Jeter, who was in a movie I really enjoyed (and one I own), “The Green Mile.” While looking at his info I discovered he died in 2003, which isn’t that long after TGM was released. He was just 51. And Michael Clark Duncan has also passed, not to mention, of course, dear, amazing Robin Williams, which brings us back to The Fisher King. As I said, it’s not a bad movie, but I’m glad I didn’t watch it with Tom and his very odd wife.

And having seen The Fisher King, I can see how the Cohen brothers probably wrote the part of The Dude for Jeff Bridges. And as I’ve mentioned many times (it’s in the thread I started about movies we each again and again), “The Big Lebowski” is one of my favorite films.

Peace...out.
I too have an odd wife, really odd wife, she has a few children with a really best friend of mine, known the bloke for countless years.. I have seen Green Mile, I heard of The Fisher King too. I think maybe I have seen it when I was younger and binging on movies..

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones