1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

General In this thread, I complain about the INC's alarm clock

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by dcharag, Jun 23, 2010.

1. dcharag

dcharag Member

Apr 29, 2010
    At least on my INC, it's a complete piece of crap. It works about 90% of the time which effectively makes it totally worthless. I can delete the alarm and add a new one and it will work for a day or so, but then it decides to not work anymore.

What's more, if I set it to go off a minute from *now*, it works every time. Really pissing me off. I guess I'm going to try this ((Gentle Alarm)) app, but such a basic function needs to work 100% of the time.

Advertisement

2. MrGoodCat

MrGoodCat Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2010
    sounds like you are using a task killer. make sure the htc clock app is expluded from the tasks to kill...i can almost guarantee this is your problem

3. 34.50

34.50 Well-Known Member

May 15, 2010
    Programmer
    NY
    Are you using task killers that kill the Clock application?

4. kibble

kibble Well-Known Member

May 4, 2010
    Let me tell you a little story:

Once upon a time my alarm wouldn't work, then I got rid of my task killer. We lived happily ever after.

~The End~

HomelessDepot and Crashumbc like this.
  5. kristanc

kristanc Well-Known Member

May 5, 2010
    Michigan
    Agreed. Mine works perfect, every single day. Not running a task killer.

6. dcharag

dcharag Member

Apr 29, 2010
    I'm kicking my task killer out the window. If it weren't for my 5m old I would've been late twice this week.

7. xkse

xkse Active Member

May 31, 2010
    As long as you don't kill the clock it still works fine.

8. Robq81

Robq81 Active Member

Jun 11, 2010
    court clerk
    sacramento, ca

that's why my alarm doesn't work sometimes....good information. thanks!

9. SeattleYanksFan

SeattleYanksFan Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2010
    USA
    I've had the opposite problem. On two occasions, after my alarm went off and I dismissed it, a notification came in setting the alarm off again and both times it was impossible to turn it off. I used System Panel to kill the Clock app both times. Was very weird and HIGHLY annoying, if you can imagine...

10. Well there goes your problem. If you search the older threads, 98% of alarm clock problems of it not going off are due to a task killer. It should work fine now that you deleted that app.

11. Nsane1

Nsane1 Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2010
    Western KY
    I used a task killer for the first week. Had a lot of weird things happening. Even had a lot of FC's and a little lag just occasionally. Ditched my task killer and I have had no, absolutely no problems since. Even my battery life improved. I am officially anti-task-killer now.

Crashumbc likes this.
  12. veloslave

Apr 29, 2010
    Was almost late to work this morning... alarm just never went off.

Task killer... I hit "end all" ALL the time... doh, lesson learned.

Thankfully I will not need to be so anal and constantly turn everything off as soon as my extended battery gets here

13. JuniorNA

JuniorNA Well-Known Member

May 3, 2010
    IT/Networking
    Nowhere NEAR Cupertino...North NJ
    Mine has never failed on me, i use all 3 alarms in the morning (staggered) bc i'm a deep sleeper, and it has never failed me.

14. thejoker

thejoker Active Member

May 14, 2010
    HAHA I thought I was the only one! I use 2 alarms, hasn't failed me yet (but I do occasionally sleep through both.... yikes)

15. JuniorNA

JuniorNA Well-Known Member

May 3, 2010
    IT/Networking
    Nowhere NEAR Cupertino...North NJ
    Lol, dude...thats not counting my regular alarm clock, my TV turns on at 8am blaring loud, so really i have 5 alarm clocks, and sometimes i sleep through all 5 and wake up 45 minutes late. lol

16. TexasDroid

TexasDroid Active Member

Apr 12, 2010
    I actually now never set my stand alone alarm clock. In fact I should just unplug that thing and bury it somewhere in a junk box. My INC has never let me down. I love it's ease of use and the dependability.

17. thejoker

thejoker Active Member

May 14, 2010
    hahahah wow that's extreme.. I've slept through 3 alarms before and thought that was bad enough :D

18. Crashumbc

Crashumbc Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2010
    IT god
    B'more
    I had a friend set-up two halogen work lights pointed at his bed on a timer...

19. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH

Feb 19, 2010
    Male
    GEEZ... mine works perfectly everyday!

20. Liz0311

Liz0311 Active Member

May 31, 2010
    Los Angeles
    This happened to me this morning. After the third time, I went into the alarm setting & changed nothing at all, then hit OK or save or whatever...problem solved.

21. Proph

Proph Well-Known Member

May 5, 2010
    Houston, TX
    yea i figured out the task killer/alarm clock thing the first day. luckily i woke up early that day to play with the phone... just make sure your task killer ignores it and you are good to go.

22. IncrediblePower

IncrediblePower New Member

Jun 24, 2010
    Really don't want to start a new thread for this as its my first post, but is there anyway to set a custom .mp3 as your alarm clock noise? I'm thinking some metal in the morning would wake me up really fast...lol.

23. mrspeedmaster

mrspeedmaster Well-Known Member

May 16, 2010
    I had this problem. I now make it a habit to actually shut down the phone and reboot it every night. Task Killers will kill my alarm clock and I never wake up on time.

24. Excedio

Excedio Well-Known Member

May 28, 2010
    Palm Harbor, FL
    Do you happen to have Handcent installed? If you do, you can set any song or sound for the alarm clock. If not, I don't know another way...

IncrediblePower likes this.
  25. omgitswes

omgitswes Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2010
    I still use a task killer, you just have to ignore the clock and it'll start working again.
    It's weird though because if it kills the clock the alarm icon still shows making you think it's still active when it's obviously not