• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

In which topics of Java, One should already be an expert, in order to write Android Applications?

I found, when getting started with Android, that I was able to create a rough draft of my first application in one day because I have extensive experience using Swing.
No, Android does not use Swing, but lots of concepts are remarkably similar, such as delegating display operations to an event thread, etc.
But, back to Android itself, you need a good understanding of activities, intents and services.

Upvote 0
@ Dylo- Java Objects, Classes, Arrays, Inheritance & so on are known as Topics.

On which Java Topics, I should stress upon, which can later help me to Grasp the "Android Application Programming" easily??.

Also which Java Books, I should learn, which can later help me to Grasp the "Android Application Programming" easily??.

Upvote 0
I see what you mean. Well...all of those "topics" are apart of object oriented programming. You need a firm understanding of all those areas as they are fundamental to programming in general. You don't have to be an expert in any particular topic. You just have to understand how they work and when to use them.

As for books, here are two of good ones. You should check out android developers site to get specific information about the android platform.

Amazon.com: Beginning Java Objects: From Concepts To Code, Second Edition (9781590594575): Jacquie Barker: Books

Amazon.com: Effective Java: Programming Language Guide (Java Series) (9780201310054): Joshua Bloch: Books

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones