1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

General Inc phone signal reception compared to Moto Droid?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by rushmore, Apr 28, 2010.

1. rushmore

rushmore Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2008
    Kentucky
    Posts are starting to pop up with the same points made by a few reviewers: "Inc has weaker reception than other Verizon phones", "Inc is two bars weaker than Droid", "Inc drops calls where others do not".

I will have both a Droid and Inc up and running by this time tomorrow, but would appreciate early reports to refute the above :) Hoping it just a fluke and the radio is at least as good as Droid.

BTW, device seems a lot lighter than my N900. Based on size and weight, an extended battery would not be noticed too much on the Inc. Shame I could not take a Droid and Inc out of the VZW store to test ;)

Oh well, not long to find out about the radio reception myself :)

added:

Good news is their MAY be a workaround on the 6.6gb, third party app access issue- without HTC involvement- assuming devs update, of course.

Advertisement

2. 5thElement

Apr 27, 2010
    Oh ya because green bars tell you all kinds of detailed information about signal strenth. :rolleyes:

Only way to really view reception is to view the db numbers in the phone. Looking at green bars is a waste of time and means nothing.

3. markketch

markketch Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2010
    Cleveland
    ^ What 5th said. Bars are just a convenient pictorial representation of signal strength, but the real value is in the dBs.

4. rushmore

rushmore Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2008
    Kentucky
    Bars or even dB report could be wrong. I will test both devices tomorrow in fringe areas with Youtube vids in an area one shows 3G and the other 1X. Also will test where one device shows a connection and the other shows no service. Pretty cut and dry there ;)

added

Regardless, I am looking forward to testing them.

5. jamesdean

jamesdean Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2009
    I have both devices are that are the same in signal strength, reception and sound quality.