1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

[INC] Stuck in HBOOT, no Clockworkmod and can't mount SD. Seriously need help!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by maddawg579, Dec 20, 2011.

1. maddawg579

maddawg579 Lurker

So I installed an early version of Ice Cream Sandwich on my Incredible to try it out. Camera wasn't working so I tried to restore to my backup of CM7 through Rom Manager. Everything seemed fine until the phone restarted. It got stuck on the Incredible boot screen. Decided to try to restore the phone back to factory settings using PB31IMG through Clockworkmod Recovery.

Now the phone only boots into HBOOT. If I go to Recovery, it just goes right back into HBOOT. It seems there's no Clockworkmod on the phone anymore. This means I can't mount the SD card to put a ROM on it. I don't know what to do now. I really need this phone to work!

Thanks for any help.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. sdrawkcab25

sdrawkcab25 Extreme Android User

Put a copy of clockwork on your SD card named PB31IMG.zip and load it. You can put the file on your SD card via card reader or any other device that accepts the SD card.
    you can get clockwork from:
    http://pvillecomp.com/?page_id=28

3. maddawg579

maddawg579 Lurker

Well the first time I flashed PB31IMG through HBOOT, it must not have worked because it still booted into HBOOT. I flashed it again just in case and now the phone is working. I'm on Android 2.1-update 1. So now I just need to go through unrevoked again to root it and load CM7 on there.

Thanks for the help.

4. sdrawkcab25

sdrawkcab25 Extreme Android User

Wow, you must of found a really old PB31IMG.zip file. You are lucky you have an AMOLED screen or you would be stuck with a useless screen.

HTC Droid Incredible Forum

The HTC Droid Incredible release date was April 2010. Features and Specs include a 3.7" inch screen, 8MP camera, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1300mAh battery.

April 2010
Release Date
Reviews