1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Included Screen Protector

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by sonny200, Mar 25, 2020.

1. sonny200

sonny200 Lurker

My S20+ shipped from Samsung with a screen protector already mounted. I'm having trouble seeing the screen when wearing polarized sunglasses. Am wondering if this is caused by the screen protector or is it the screen itself? I'd like to know if it's a screen issue before needlessly removing the screen protector.

Anyone take their screen protector yet & notice a difference when wearing polarized sunglasses?

TIA.

2. NightAngel79

NightAngel79 Bounty Hunter
    Administrator

So unfortunately this is a common problem with smart phones. Should have nothing to do with screen protector.

Turn phone sideways and it *should* go away. Funnily enough, on my Pixel 3 the screen only worked when I held it normal, and I couldn't see when sideways, only phone that ever did that. I need to check this on my S20 because the only time I care is flying my drone. I literally couldn't do it with Pixel and wear sunglasses, SUPER aggravating.

Try it sideways and let us know!

Here is a quick wexplanation:
    Most phones have a polarizing filter that helps to cut glare and reflections, ironically to make it easier to see in bright sunlight. The problem is, so do polarized sunglasses. When your phone and sunglass filters are aligned in opposite directions, all the light from your screen is cut out so you can't see anything.

puppykickr and ocnbrze like this.

Samsung Galaxy S20 Plus Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S20 Plus release date was 6 March. Features and Specs include a 6.7" inch screen, 64MP camera, 12GB RAM, Exynos 990 or Snapdragon 865 processor, and 4500mAh battery.

6 March
Release Date
Reviews