1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Incoming Call Issue

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Marmalade Shaws, Oct 15, 2014.

1. Marmalade Shaws

Hey guys,

First time on a forum since forever but with both Sprint and HTC not giving me answers I thought I'd see if you guys could help.

I know this is a forum for the M8 but I have a M7; I couldn't find threads for the M8.

Basically it was a mile problem at first; some people's calls wouldn't register on the device: no ringing, no 'missed calls' in the call log. Anywhere from 10 minutes to an hour later I'd receive that person's voicemail. Now it seems it's with anyone and everyone and only a few people seem to get through, one of which is something one I know, but isn't in my contacts list.

My contacts are synced with Facebook and other social networks (just throwing that out there for information, if there's anything else I should provide let me know).

Thanks in advance,

Marmalade Shaws

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. HenryKrinkle

HenryKrinkle Well-Known Member

How is the Sprint coverage in the area? Did you have any related problems with your previous phone?

3. Marmalade Shaws

It's not particularly good, but it isn't bad. I can make outgoing calls and text easily enough (besides the text notification changing sound every once in a while). But despite the iffy signal strength I was receiving calls regularly and by everyone. Nowadays I'm lucky if I hear the ringtone outside the sound settings. It's a good ringtone!

I dunno if something in settings is turned off or what. But it's aggravating to listen to angry voicemails asking why I don't pick up anymore. It's as if they never called, the only thing to show me they ever called is voicemail. No logs to say I missed a call. No ringtone though the ringer is on full volume. No vibration on the phone either. :banghead:

4. HenryKrinkle

HenryKrinkle Well-Known Member

Someone here might know better but I doubt it's a problem with your settings. I'd take it back to the store.

5. Marmalade Shaws

It would seem a shame. You're sure this isn't a setting thing that can't be fixed? If it takes a reset I'm adamant because backing up a phone is significantly harder than a computer. That is finding an app to back up literally EVERYTHING. :eek:

HTC One M8 Forum

The HTC One M8 release date was March 2014. Features and Specs include a 5.0" inch screen, 4MP camera, 2GB RAM, Snapdragon 801 processor, and 2600mAh battery.

March 2014
Release Date
Reviews