• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

incoming call not shown on call log. PLEASE HELP!!

I have a problem

My cellphone is Meizu M6

when I got an incoming call, the caller's cellphone number was clearly ringing, and I lifted up and talked to the caller and when it was really important, accidentally and right in the middle of the conversation, I pressed the power button until the cellphone restarted itself

I cried in my heart, right when it was important, the call was interrupted because of this

I tried to check the call log .. Oh no ... danger ... it was zero
there are only history of calls from the previous ones

please help from the masters here
can anyone help me how to see the caller's number?

thanks before

I don't know what you mean with "bill"

as far as I know, phone bills are charged if we call someone and are not charged, if there is an incoming call

Both incoming and outgoing numbers are listed in the detail of my phone bill, even if they are part of the overall unlimited minutes plan i have. I'm sure your carrier must keep a record of those as well. How else could they bill you the correct amount?

Reactions: MoodyBlues
Upvote 0
In most of the world there is no billing of incoming calls other than when roaming internationally. Charges for incoming calls when on your home network is very much a North American feature. So the only time an incoming call appears on my bill is if I'm roaming outside the EU (when the caller cannot be assumed to know they are calling Japan or wherever I might be, and so the additional charge is billed to me).

Your carrier will indeed know who called you though. The question is whether they will tell you, but you've nothing to lose by asking.

Some carriers might have a service to find the last number who called you by dialling a special code (as all landlines do here), but in my country most mobile carriers do not (only 1 of ours does, I believe). If you've not received other calls since it might be worth checking whether such a thing exists on your carrier.

Upvote 0
I think the difference is that your cellphone numbers use geographical area codes, the same as ordinary landline numbers, so the caller cannot be assumed to know they are calling a cellphone. Hence any additional charges are billed to the cell owner. In most countries cellphones have their own prefixes and so the caller knows they are calling a cellphone, and hence if there are higher charges they are billed to the caller.

Upvote 0
Sadly I agree. The only places where the call will be recorded are your phone (where it isn't showing), your carrier's systems, the caller's phone and the caller's carrier.

All I can suggest is that you try to find the caller's contact details (I assume you have at least some idea who they are).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones