1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

incoming call not shown on call log. PLEASE HELP!!

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by DENNI AGUNG PAMBUDI, Mar 8, 2019.

1. DENNI AGUNG PAMBUDI

I have a problem

My cellphone is Meizu M6

when I got an incoming call, the caller's cellphone number was clearly ringing, and I lifted up and talked to the caller and when it was really important, accidentally and right in the middle of the conversation, I pressed the power button until the cellphone restarted itself

I cried in my heart, right when it was important, the call was interrupted because of this

I tried to check the call log .. Oh no ... danger ... it was zero
    there are only history of calls from the previous ones

please help from the masters here
    can anyone help me how to see the caller's number?

thanks before

2. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum

If the call was completed, it will be on your bill. Perhaps your carrier has detail of recent calls on your billing statement?

MoodyBlues likes this.
  3. DENNI AGUNG PAMBUDI

I don't know what you mean with "bill"

as far as I know, phone bills are charged if we call someone and are not charged, if there is an incoming call

4. Milo Willamson

Milo Willamson Android Expert

He meant phone bill.

5. lunatic59

Both incoming and outgoing numbers are listed in the detail of my phone bill, even if they are part of the overall unlimited minutes plan i have. I'm sure your carrier must keep a record of those as well. How else could they bill you the correct amount?

MoodyBlues likes this.
  6. Hadron

Hadron Smoke me a kipper...
    VIP Member

In most of the world there is no billing of incoming calls other than when roaming internationally. Charges for incoming calls when on your home network is very much a North American feature. So the only time an incoming call appears on my bill is if I'm roaming outside the EU (when the caller cannot be assumed to know they are calling Japan or wherever I might be, and so the additional charge is billed to me).

Your carrier will indeed know who called you though. The question is whether they will tell you, but you've nothing to lose by asking.

Some carriers might have a service to find the last number who called you by dialling a special code (as all landlines do here), but in my country most mobile carriers do not (only 1 of ours does, I believe). If you've not received other calls since it might be worth checking whether such a thing exists on your carrier.

MoodyBlues, Dannydet and lunatic59 like this.
  7. lunatic59

I did not know that. Here any air time counts against your minutes, so they must itemize it on the bill.

MoodyBlues likes this.
  8. Hadron

VIP Member

I think the difference is that your cellphone numbers use geographical area codes, the same as ordinary landline numbers, so the caller cannot be assumed to know they are calling a cellphone. Hence any additional charges are billed to the cell owner. In most countries cellphones have their own prefixes and so the caller knows they are calling a cellphone, and hence if there are higher charges they are billed to the caller.

MoodyBlues and lunatic59 like this.
  9. DENNI AGUNG PAMBUDI

thanks @Hadron and @lunatic59 for your complete explanation

but unfortunately, the carrier don't want to tell me whatever incoming and outgoing call numbers

any another ways to let me know the caller number ?

10. DENNI AGUNG PAMBUDI

thanks @Hadron and @lunatic59 for your complete explanation

but unfortunately, the carrier don't want to tell me whatever incoming and outgoing call numbers

any another ways to let me know the caller number ?

11. lunatic59

If the call wasn't registered in the log because of the forced reboot, and the carrier won't give you the numbers, then I don't think there's much you can do. :(

MoodyBlues, Dannydet and Hadron like this.
  12. Hadron

VIP Member

Sadly I agree. The only places where the call will be recorded are your phone (where it isn't showing), your carrier's systems, the caller's phone and the caller's carrier.

All I can suggest is that you try to find the caller's contact details (I assume you have at least some idea who they are).

MoodyBlues, Dannydet and lunatic59 like this.
  13. MoodyBlues

MoodyBlues Compassion is cool!
    VIP Member

Hope they call again?