1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Incoming call question

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by KaptainKermie, Aug 18, 2012.

1. KaptainKermie

KaptainKermie Newbie

Whenever someone calls me, my ringtone is somewhat muffled for the first 2-3 seconds of ringing, and then my ringtone goes to the full volume level (to what it should be). Does anyone else have any problems with this? My ringtone volume is usually set to the highest level.

VZW SGS3 btw.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. steveu694

steveu694 Android Enthusiast

I think this is normal. Mine does it too.

3. sdrawkcab25

sdrawkcab25 Extreme Android User

Check in your volume/ringtone settings.... sometimes there is "feature" to turn off/on that does that.

4. SUroot

SUroot Extreme Android User

its an increasing alert volume which is a setting on most phones (android or otherwise) although for some reason on the SGS3, Samsung decided you didn't need to turn it off.

sdrawkcab25 and KaptainKermie like this.
  5. KaptainKermie

KaptainKermie Newbie

I've went through every settings menu and everything is as it should be. I just can't figure out why it's at like half volume for the first couple seconds.

6. SUroot

SUroot Extreme Android User

See above

7. KaptainKermie

KaptainKermie Newbie

Huh, I never knew that. It takes a good 1/3 of the call time away, so it's kind of annoying.

8. sdrawkcab25

sdrawkcab25 Extreme Android User

Interesting... the first time I saw it was on my wife's droid RAZR... leave it to Samsung to make our decisions for us...

Samsung Galaxy S3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S3 release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.8" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 2100mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews