1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Support Incoming MMS time off by 4 hours

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ViPaDawG, Jun 13, 2010.

1. ViPaDawG

ViPaDawG New Member

Jun 8, 2010
    I've had the phone for a few days now, and today when I received an MMS (picturemail) from a friend, the timestamp was off by exactly 4 hours (I received at 8:32PM, but timestamp was 4:32PM), normally, not a big deal, but it throws off order in the messages because those it's my most recent message, it still shows in relation to messages I correctly received before 8:32PM but after 4:32PM. Anyone experience something similar, or have a solution?

Advertisement

2. donnie.mccrorie@gmail.com

May 25, 2010
    I had the same problem with text messages while I was roaming. Not a big deal but it does mess up the order...

3. ViPaDawG

ViPaDawG New Member

Jun 8, 2010
    Yeah, I used to experience that on my Pre all the time, but it wouldn't mess with the order. But the thing with the Evo is I have full coverage with 3G Sprint service. Ah well, just wanted to know if problem was just with me or maybe a bit more widespread.

4. toki999

toki999 Member

Jun 1, 2010
    at least MMS comes to your phone....

i don't get MMS... :mad:

5. MikeAltogether

MikeAltogether Active Member

Jun 1, 2010
    I have been experiencing the same problem, except mine are all one hour in the future. Every single one. Very annoying. Perhaps a different sms program could assign the timestamp locally?

6. DaDoc04

DaDoc04 Guest

just happened to me... exactly 4 hours off....

WTF

7. fcastro

fcastro Member

Sep 21, 2010
    I have the same problem occurring. All MMS messages I get from another sprint user are exactly 4 hours off. The SMS messages are showing correctly. Anyone have any idea how to fix this? This creates a massive problem because you have to scroll up to see messages.

8. El_Diablo

El_Diablo Member

Jun 8, 2010
    Electrical Engineer
    New Orleans, La
    I've had that issue too. I just delete the single message with the timestamp that is off to correct the order.

9. dreadfullydespized

dreadfullydespized New Member

Oct 4, 2010
    I also have the same issue.

HTC EVO 4g, on sprints 3g network.
    Froyo 2.2 installed.

I have the issue in handcent and the factory messaging client. Everything is 4 hours before the actual sent time.. so I see it downloading as the next recent message when it is finished it disapears to exactly 4 hours before the time of sent. This is really annoying. Only way to fix it is to delete all text messages and then it is the first message seen.

Tags: