1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Incoming Notifications - Telus Mobility

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by rustydusty1717, Aug 9, 2012.

1. rustydusty1717

I've searched through all display settings and all the settings for incoming settings and can't find the setting to turn off the screen lighting up everytime an incoming text/google talk message. I don't need the screen to light up, I will check the message when I want to. Plus it just requires more power doing this on every message.

Anyone have a suggestion?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. SUroot

SUroot Extreme Android User

Its not a setting. It shouldn't do this. Has it always?

Please tell us about your phone

3. rustydusty1717

Yes it always has lit up. I've managed to get it to stop, but I have to turn all notification settings off. I no longer have a clue if I have an email, text or google talk message unless I manually check. Just want it to do the default sound, and blink the LED showing message. I'm with Telus in Alberta, Canada and this is my second S3 as the first one was a lemon. Both did this, though.

4. SUroot

Could you edit the title to put "telus" in please? Your phone may be different to mine

5. rustydusty1717

Topic changed, any idea? Going into text message settings, turning off notifications turns the screen lighting off, however there's no sound now either. It's kind of a one or the other, which is a huge pain.

6. SUroot

I haven't an idea myself. Mine has never done this. Usually I'd say it was an app. Did it do it before installing apps?

7. rustydusty1717

Does after a factory reinstall, yes. I've done a reset on the 1st phone a couple times.

8. SUroot

I'll have to let someone with the same phone assist. All I can find is people looking for apps to turn on the screen when an sms is received.

9. sahara888

sahara888 Newbie

I'm with Bell in Ontario. Mine also lights up, but only for second or two

10. Gqneo

Gqneo Newbie

Mine also lights up ... Telus winnipeg.

I will play around today to see what i can find

11. moonlitday

moonlitday Newbie

What are you using for your text application? Telus here as well. I using gosms products and the screen setting is in the settings of the app itself under settings - notifications.

12. rustydusty1717

Yeah mine only lights up for a second or two. Such a piss off everytime I get a text.

13. moonlitday

moonlitday Newbie

I must be in the minority as my Telus product does not light up at all when I get notifications. The LED blinks and sound plays.

14. rustydusty1717

Using the default messaging app that's built in. Go into settings in it, turn off notifications and I no longer get screen lighting up, or sound. I want sound, just no screen lighting up. Must be a bug in the firmware? Hopefully they fix it...:thinking:

15. rustydusty1717

Anyone manage to figure anything out? Or does a guy just wait and hope the issues resolves itself, or an update is released by Telus to fix the issue?

16. moonlitday

moonlitday Newbie

I would just install gosms pro and work around the default app that way. Not sure if handcent has similar settings or not. Can't suggest anything for the Google issue though.

17. gqtrebor

gqtrebor Member

My buddy was using that LED colour change notification app , it was playing games with his phone. Can't remember the name of the app though.

18. sahara888

sahara888 Newbie

Called Samsung Canada. There is no way to disable.

19. rustydusty1717

No way to disable, yet some aren't having this issue at all? Dad has an S3 on Telus and playing with his last night, doesn't do it on SMS or Google Talk, incoming. Same version 4.0.4 and similar apps installed on both mine and his. :thinking::thinking::thinking:

Samsung Galaxy S3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S3 release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.8" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 2100mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews