1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Incoming phone call

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by joel745, May 24, 2011.

1. joel745

joel745 Member
    None

May 21, 2011
    On an incoming call in the lockbar has to be unlocked before pressing answer, any way to have the lockbar automatically unlock itself?

Also having fits trying to use voice navigation for google maps. D/loaded the approriate apps and I do have a google voicemail set up ( doesn't work either)they even affirmed that. Keep getting message saying google voice is unavailable.

Advertisement

2. rjglenn

rjglenn Android Enthusiast
    None

Dec 17, 2010
    Firefighter, agrimechanic
    North Florida
    I am not seeing this. When the phone rings and I slide the ball to the right, that answers the phone. No other action is needed.

I downloaded and installed Google Maps and street level view. When I ran it I was prompted to download another app for voice directions. Honestly I just clicked okay and I do not recall what the app was called. Once I did that I now have voice directions.

So far I have been unable to change the car dock mode from VZW Nav to Google Nav even though I have deleted VZW Nav from the phone. I will probably delete the car dock and DL the plain one from the market.

3. joel745

joel745 Member
    None

May 21, 2011
    Any need to d/l google voice ?

4. rjglenn

rjglenn Android Enthusiast
    None

Dec 17, 2010
    Firefighter, agrimechanic
    North Florida
    No, I don't have Google Voice. It was some other app, IDK which because I just wasn't paying that close of attention. I was prompted for it the first time I ran Google Nav. A little box popped up and said to have voice directions you need to d/l ??? yes or no.

5. Bushie

Bushie Lurker
    None

Nov 18, 2009
    Not sure about the google maps. I don't have a problem with answering an incoming call tho. I have it password protected but when I get an incoming call, it doesn't make me unlock it. Not sure what you got going on there.

6. toobizzee

toobizzee Lurker
    None

Jun 9, 2011
    When I'm outdoors, it's really difficult to see the screen to answer the phone, even with brightness on 100% and auto brightness OFF. Is there a theme I can download that will make those dark screens brighter?
    Thanks!