• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Inconsistent Gmail notifications

mistermojorizi

Android Enthusiast
Oct 26, 2011
I've got 3 gmail accounts setup in the gmail app, and 1 hotmail account set up as an exchange e-mail in the mail app. all 4 accounts are set to push, and notify. sync is on.

when i woke up this morning there was an e-mail icon in the status bar notifying about new e-mail in the mail app, but no icon notifying of the new e-mail in the gmail app, even though the mail in the gmail app synced to the phone fine and was sitting unread in my gmail app.

i have noticed throughout the day, that it will sometimes notify me of my gmail and sometimes wont. it seems to be better about notifying the gmail account that i set as the default when setting up the phone. it always seems to notify me of the mail in my e-mail app.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones