1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Inconsistent screen timeout

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Miths000, Oct 13, 2011.

1. Miths000

Miths000 Well-Known Member
    None

Jun 20, 2011
    Denmark
    After the latest firmware update (KI4 if I read all the numbers and letters in my phone info correctly) on my unrooted S2 I've started experiencing some inconsistencies in how long it takes for the screen to turn off after a period of inactivity - and this applies both to the homescreens and lock screen.

I have the timeout set at two minutes (I don't think it's possible to set one manually for the lock screen as well, is it? Though I've never timed lock screen timeout I've always estimated it to be around 30 seconds).
    While most of the time the screen will turn off after those two minutes of inactivity on homescreens/apps, occasionally it will do that initial half way fade mere seconds after I last touched the screen, and then turn off shortly after. This has always happened after phone calls (I assume that's intended behaviour?), but now it also seems to do it on occasion at random out on the homescreens.

Meanwhile the lockscreen - if activated but the phone not unlocked - will usually time out after those usual estimated 30 seconds, but on occasion it will instead stay on for, without pulling out my stop watch, seems like around two minutes.

So somewhat odd and unpredictable behaviour overall with regard to screen timeout.

I use GoLauncher and WidgetLocker, but until the latest firmware update I don't recall ever having these fluctuating timeout issues.

Anyone else with similar issues who can tell me what might be going on? It's only a minor annoyance at worst of course, but it still bugs me a little.

Advertisement

2. Miths000

Miths000 Well-Known Member
    None

Jun 20, 2011
    Denmark
    I think I've noticed a pattern in the premature homescreen timeouts. It looks like they happen when I unlock the phone and then do nothing for the next 30 seconds or so. Perhaps this is intended behaviour after all, I've just never noticed it before.

The (WidgetLocker) lock screen inconsistencies still puzzle me though - I can't see any obvious reason why the screen sometimes stay on for around two minutes on the lock screen with no activity.

3. MJC UK

MJC UK Well-Known Member
    None

Sep 3, 2011
    I get this too, seems even worse if its charging or in usb mode. Also using GoLauncher and Widget Locker