• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Incorrect Received SMS Timestamp

Jedarius

Lurker
Sep 15, 2010
Hi all,

I have an unlocked Captivate running on the Rogers network here in Canada. Whenever I receive a text message it is timestamped for 4 hours earlier. If I receive a text at 8pm, it would show up as received at 4pm.

I was wondering if anyone else has the same problem as well. If so, are there any potential fixes?

Thanks.

Hi all,

I have an unlocked Captivate running on the Rogers network here in Canada. Whenever I receive a text message it is timestamped for 4 hours earlier. If I receive a text at 8pm, it would show up as received at 4pm.

I was wondering if anyone else has the same problem as well. If so, are there any potential fixes?

Thanks.

Hi All,

I'm also using an AT&T Captivate on the Rogers network here in Ontario, Canada and am having the same issues. Any ideas on how to solve will be greatly appreciated, as well as I'm also having problems not receiving any MMS messages/Pictures. I'm sure it has something to do with the APN settings. Would appreciate help with this as well

Thanks

:)

Upvote 0
Having the exact same problem. All SMS's are stamped 5 hours early, but MMS's have the right timestamp. I'm using an unlocked Captivate on Rogers and haven't found a solution yet. After searching around multiple forums - many, many Captivate users are having this problem with Rogers. Everyone keep calling them and keep complaining and hopefully they'll fix the problem soon.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones