• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Increase Internal memory by Link2Sd Tutorial

Paras Salot

Lurker
May 12, 2012
How to increase internal phone memory of Samsung Galaxy Y (or any android smartphones) :

INCREASE INTERNAL MEMORY BY PARTITION MEMORY CARD IN ANDROID (DEMO ON GALAXY Y) - YouTube

FOLLOW VIDEO CORRECTLY

1.ROOT your phone first

2.Download the files given below and move to sdcard::

a)Skin of CWM Skin1980-GT-S5360+CWM.zip
b) LINK2sd https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.buak.Link2SD

3.Install link2sd

4.Restart in Recovery mode :Volume up +Home button +lock button

5.Select apply update from sd card...Select Skin of CWM...go to advanced and partition

6.Select anything upto 1 gb its ur choice .this wil go in internal mamory..select 0mb

5.reboot...Select Link2sd and select "ext3"

6.reboot

7.LINK the apps to sd which you want

Reactions: nightwing90
So basically this will partition the SD card and combine that to the internal storage similar to spanning disks in an array? Haven't looked at the files yet... just guessing based on instructions.
Is it limited to only 1gb?
Can I allot the entire external SD card?

basically this will partition the SD card and we can use that part of sd card for storing internal memory(to store apps:D)...as per devs anything upto 1 gb works perfectly fine...by the wawy 1gb is more than enough:)

U can even bring back to normal state:cool: by
RE PARTITION MEMORY CARD (Move back to normal state) in Android - YouTube
so even if u messed up its simple to restore

SO GO FOR IT

Upvote 0
Hello All. I'm tired of this android gyaan its too much :p Please read carefully and understand what i say and Please Help me. As i know less about this tech :)
I have Galaxy Y Duos S6102.
Here is what i have done. I have 8GB SD card. Its rooted and many of my applications and themes are moved to SD card by Link2SD and Link2SD is also installed in sd card.

Now i want to partition my SD card with same data and apps on that ext3 or whatever partition we have 2 do.
How to do this? i dont want to format my sd card and lose data.

Yes i have made a backup of my current sd card.

Now, If i format my sd card to fat 32 and then again format to 1GB of ext3 type or whatever where will my previous installed apps on sd go ? as its not available in sd and rest 6.XX GB of memory will be empty what can i do there? can i add mp3's and media files and keep it for other storage ?

And i dont want to do Mod on this and i want it stock and rooted that's it.

and what i want is : partition my sd card and have that ext2 or 3 whatever and all my current installed apps present in that ext part of my SD card so that when i use any app it should work well.

Please help me asap.

Upvote 0
Hello All. I'm tired of this android gyaan its too much :p Please read carefully and understand what i say and Please Help me. As i know less about this tech :)
I have Galaxy Y Duos S6102.
Here is what i have done. I have 8GB SD card. Its rooted and many of my applications and themes are moved to SD card by Link2SD and Link2SD is also installed in sd card.

Now i want to partition my SD card with same data and apps on that ext3 or whatever partition we have 2 do.
How to do this? i dont want to format my sd card and lose data.

Yes i have made a backup of my current sd card.

Now, If i format my sd card to fat 32 and then again format to 1GB of ext3 type or whatever where will my previous installed apps on sd go ? as its not available in sd and rest 6.XX GB of memory will be empty what can i do there? can i add mp3's and media files and keep it for other storage ?

And i dont want to do Mod on this and i want it stock and rooted that's it.

and what i want is : partition my sd card and have that ext2 or 3 whatever and all my current installed apps present in that ext part of my SD card so that when i use any app it should work well.

Please help me asap.

1. put your sdcard in adapter connect to pc or laptop.
2. run minitools partition wizard home edition.
3. move/resize your sdcard partition, lower to 7GB (drag the rightside to the left)
4. make new partition PRIMARY EXT2 for the rest of sdcard (1GB on the right of fat32 partition)
be carefull not to change anything to your pc/laptop partition.
5. APPLY
6. then put back you sdcard to your phone

Upvote 0
i had the padawan v3 rom on my gnote i717 and i thought increaseing internal memory would be usefull but when i did this procedure it hard bricked my gnote i could not get it to start or do anything
when i connected it to my pc it said it could not find driver QHSUSB_DLOAD took ithe gnote back to at&t told them it just woudn't turn on and they gave me a new one, i don't know if i did something wrong but i thought i should warn anyone thinking about trying this
procedure of the posibility of encountering the same problem but on a lighter note i did use this procedure on an cricket zte x500 and it work perfectly .thanks to the devs for that because the zte x500 was always saying it was out of memory so thanks and if any one knows how i could make this work for me i would appreciat any tips or advice..thank you everyone.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones