• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Increase Internal storage to 233MB + additional 1+GB for apps

vaidyasr

Jan 4, 2012
The following are the steps I have followed to flash the ROM with Mito scatter file, so I got 233MB. But still this is not enough for me, so I modded the int2ext script, so upon reboot, the script will move all system related dalvik-cache to internal storage for speed.

Pre-requisites:
1. SD card partitioned. I got 3GB, it is your choice.
2. Micromax A75 :)

I have installed 104 apps and still stable. But make sure that you have rebooted after installing 10-20 apps, so that the dalvik-cache will be linked to the external card for user apps. Otherwise, it will eat the internal storage.

Steps:
1. Download this package and flash with SP_Flash_Tool_exe_v2.1121.01 which will give you 233MB internal storage. This may be good, but some of the apps missing as I would like to include everything which was in JetModv3.0. So, proceed to step 2.
a. in SP tool, don't tick the 'PRELOADER'.
b. Click 'Download'
c. Connect your switched-off mobile via USB.
d. Wait for few minutes till it get flashed.

2. Download this zip file and keep it in your SD card.

3. Power off your mobile, and wait for few seconds, and press volume-up and power button.

4. Using CWM recovery select install zip from sd card option and select the above zip file and wait for few seconds.

5. Select reboot in CWM recovery. That's it.

The following are the steps I have followed to flash the ROM with Mito scatter file, so I got 233MB. But still this is not enough for me, so I modded the int2ext script, so upon reboot, the script will move all system related dalvik-cache to internal storage for speed.

Pre-requisites:

I have installed 104 apps and still stable. But make sure that you have rebooted after installing 10-20 apps, so that the dalvik-cache will be linked to the external card for user apps. Otherwise, it will eat the internal storage.

Steps:
1. Download this package and flash with SP_Flash_Tool_exe_v2.1121.01 which will give you 233MB internal storage. This may be good, but some of the apps missing as I would like to include everything which was in JetModv3.0. So, proceed to step 2.

3. Power off your mobile, and wait for few seconds, and press volume-up and power button.

4. Using CWM recovery select install zip from sd card option and select the above zip file and wait for few seconds.

PS: Uploading in progress...

Good buddy hay can you try it on Blue Terror and see if it works as if i am using it right now so wanna use it with this stuff.

Upvote 0

Pre-requisites:

Steps:

PS: Uploading in progress...

but what packag we download plz provide full details dear

Upvote 0
It should work with any ROM's. I have tried many combinations with GIONEE rom, but nothing works. So, once I flashed with this ROM, it works without any issue. I have reflashed 2 times and reboot several times, still works without any issue.

So first we need to flash all files you are providing and then we can flash Blue Terror correct???

Upvote 0
Yes, you can even skip step 2, as it was optional to have Micromax original ROM apks. Make sure that the BlueTerror doesn't have the boot.img included. If included, delete the same and flash it.

Have u included the MODDED Boot img in the package and also the CWM recovery in the package as if after flashing with SP Flash tool we wont be having CWM???

Upvote 0
I have bricked my phone after following this step. Nothing is happening and also the format + download option is not working. The system is not recognizing that the phone is connected into the port?

Any solution?

Remove the battery and connect your phone to the comp and then select format+download but haan this time use the MMX NEW VER folder so that the phone can have the Stock ROM and once when the timer is started the put the battery in yhe phone while letting the phone connected and onec ur phone is on then we can see what is the problem in the steps and what we need to follow. So try what i said and try this untill the SP Flash ool flashes and haan if u fail dont just leave try repeatdly as if people had said that they had to try plenty of times and last they had got success by this method. Hope ur phone gets Flashed.

Edit:

Hurray by this post i became the SENIOR MEMBER at Android Forums. Praying for ur to get flashed buddy.

Upvote 0
Have u included the MODDED Boot img in the package and also the CWM recovery in the package as if after flashing with SP Flash tool we wont be having CWM???

Yes, the ROM includes the unsecured boot.img created my mastermind and recovery.img posted on this thread. The step 2 is optional, where as the usage of 2nd partition will be done and replacing some of the system apps with the Original Micromax apks. I can post only the script you need to copy under /etc directory to do the movement of /data to sd card.

Upvote 0
Its not working in win xp. I am able to hear the sound (beep sound, like when a new device is added) when i put the battery back and nothing happens.

I have reinstalled the xp drivers plenty of time and been trying this all this while.

Any other opitions please?

Goto options, in flash tool choose backup restore nvram(noaction), change it to backup format & restore nvram,
and do format & download, before that tick all the parameters including preloader, after it is searching for device connect phone( without battery) usb to pc, and then put in battery.
it will do, take micromax a75 new ver with ub75-1 (ninad system.img)
good luck, it definately works, there is no imei issue in that.
i have done it yesterday.
it works, fine, after dont try to flash for 233 mb with bt rom

Upvote 0
dont brick your phone completely dead while trying this method on btrom.
please replace boot.img file provided at op with the blueterror1.1 zip then flash.
again i am not sure it will work with bt rom, so please stay away my sincere advise.

more over sagerwep ics3.0 is coming. fingers crossed and looking forward.

till date. blue terror, ub--75 v1 are good roms
or follow mastermind1024 method to root original stock rom by rooting through
http://androidforums.com/a75-all-things-root/541990-how-root-micromax-a75.html
good luck

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones