1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Increase internal storage

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by eddyuk, Oct 6, 2014.

1. eddyuk

eddyuk Lurker

Hello,

A while ago I got car stereo with Android 4.0.4. In storage section i see 2 entries:

1. 256 MB
    2. 6GB

I want to repartition so 1st partition will have more free space.

How it can be done please?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Hadron

Hadron Smoke me a kipper...
    VIP Member

If it can be done at all the method will be device-specific. Unfortunately I doubt many of us have experience with this particular device, but the first thing will be to tell us exactly what make and model it is.

Also what are the 2 entries called, and are those the total sizes or free spaces in those partitions? And just to be sure, does this device take removable memory cards, and if so do you have one installed? Just so we know what the setup is.

3. eddyuk

eddyuk Lurker

Thanks for a quick response.

It does take External SD card up to 32Gb and I have one

Here is the info:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. Hadron

Hadron Smoke me a kipper...
    VIP Member

Curious. I'm guessing that the first "internal storage" is assigned to apps and the second is an "internal sd card". The reason that's curious is that Android 4 doesn't usually have that distinction - generally only a few devices which started out with an earlier version of Android would have that. That might explain the very small first partition, except that if the device is what I think it is (a basic Chinese Android tablet) they don't normally get any updates.

I've tried to find some information about it, searching on the model number and build number, but not found anything terribly useful - certainly not the sort of information we'd need to repartition the internal storage.

mikedt likes this.
  5. mikedt

mikedt 你好

Some Chinese devices are like that, they have partitioned internal storage even though they might be 4.x Android, there's /apps and there's /data, which appears as SD storage to the system, /sdcard0. You do need specific information for the device in order to re-partition it, as it's a low-level system thing. If you don't and get it wrong, could end-up irreparably bricking it.

This is just some whatever thing from China, manufacturer unknown. There's some discussion about another "N708" car system here on XDA, but nothing useful though.
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2696676

Hadron likes this.
  6. eddyuk

eddyuk Lurker

Thanks a lot for the info and help guys!