1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Increase keyboard touch sounds

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Patrick8925, Dec 14, 2013.

1. Patrick8925

Patrick8925 Newbie

I have the Halobean Rom and love it. What I can't figure out is how to make the keyboard sounds louder. I have set everything I can find to max or 100 but still can barely hear the keyboard touch sounds. I like to hear the noise, I'm goofy that way. LOL Phone is the zte warp n860.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Patrick8925

Patrick8925 Newbie

I forgot to mention to my previous statement that the phone ringtone is loud and the notification ring tone loud also. It just seems like there is absolutely no volume increase for keypad tones.

3. Skinnyjeans21

Skinnyjeans21 Android Expert

You'd have to go into /system/media/audio/UI and find the keypad touch sound file and boost it to about 180%. That's what I did to the other 3 folders in /system/media/audio, but not in the UI folder because the camera sounds seem finicky. Of course, the sound file for keyboard touch may not be in there and might be totally dependent of the keyboard app being used, so volume increase may not work :(

4. Patrick8925

Patrick8925 Newbie

Okay thank you for that good info. However I'm not a programmer so looking at the file in hex view scares me. What I did find while in the UI folder is that the sounds for each item within that folder are at the level I like. But when I go back to text I can barely hear the sounds. I have all volume maxed out in all areas that I can find but am not getting the volume I like.

5. Skinnyjeans21

Using a root browser, copy that sound file and move it to a computer. Then you'll be able to download a program and boost the sound and then move it back

6. Patrick8925

Patrick8925 Newbie

Okay I'll give it a whirl. Thank you.

7. Patrick8925

Patrick8925 Newbie

Okay I copied the file over to my pc. Edited it and tried to copy it back. Problem is it keeps saying I don't have permission. What do I do now?

8. Skinnyjeans21

If you're using a root browser it should give you permission... if not go in super user and make sure that your file explorer is being granted permission

Patrick8925 likes this.

ZTE Warp (N860) Forum

The ZTE Warp (N860) release date was October 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 5MP camera, 512GB RAM, Snapdragon S2 processor, and 1600mAh battery.

October 2011
Release Date
Reviews