• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root increase speed/performance

pejqwerty

Lurker
Oct 27, 2010
I have my Vibrant rooted, deleted bloatware using titanium, and running Ryanza'sOCLF...any other easy ways for a noob like myself to increase speed/performance or make the phone better overall.

Should I get setcpu? If so is there any danger of overclocking/how should i set it up?

Make sure you're using Launcher Pro or some other type like zeam etc.
The Twiz launcher is quite crappy and not as versatile as other versions. Most people go with Launcher Pro. I even paid for the custom widgets deal. I also put the little orange Zeam android in my dock so I can switch to another desktop and have access to a crap ton more apps without having to scroll over 8 screens. :)

Also use folders. I keep all my games in one folder on my home screen. SOOO convenient and saves a lot of space.

Upvote 0
I have my Vibrant rooted, deleted bloatware using titanium, and running Ryanza'sOCLF...any other easy ways for a noob like myself to increase speed/performance or make the phone better overall.

Should I get setcpu? If so is there any danger of overclocking/how should i set it up?

You may want to start reading about custom ROMS. Check out this site and start digging around

Vibrant Android Development - xda-developers

I run Fusion 1.1 with Core and its overclocked to 1200.

Enjoy your reading there is TON of information to sift through. Welcome aboard

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones