1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

increase your 4g speeds!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by mikebz5, Aug 15, 2010.

1. mikebz5

mikebz5 Newbie

v01rider and EVOLICIOUS like this.
  2. brushrop03

brushrop03 Android Enthusiast

Nevermind....

3. overclock

overclock Well-Known Member

v01rider likes this.
  4. jpixton

jpixton Lurker

You all are lucky. Here in San Francisco Bay Area, we don't get 4G and from the map on Sprint's website, it looks like we won't have it for a long time. Modesto does. Fresno does. Visalia does. We don't. Go figure.

5. EVOLICIOUS

EVOLICIOUS Well-Known Member

WOW! this really worked they reduced our 4g signal well not really there testing in my area, this mod is pulling in 4g inside my house! i clicked your thanks button hard!!

6. CSWTEXAS

CSWTEXAS Newbie

What and how do I find my MSL

Thanks

7. v01rider

v01rider Android Expert

call sprint customer support after 10p. ask for your msl. you shouldnt have a problem getting it.

CSWTEXAS likes this.
  8. placeholder

9. mkampy

mkampy Android Enthusiast

But wait... how does this increase speeds?

I get that it increases the length of time you keep signal, but how does it improve speed?

10. When I dial ##DATA#, nothing happens. The dialer goes back to being blank.

Unrooted w/OTA 2.2.

11. mikebz5

mikebz5 Newbie

I havent a clue but it works. I even reset back to defaults just to check it and sure enough my speeds slowed down.

12. Its ##data##

13. B_Will

B_Will Lurker

No. You were correct the first time. It is ##data# Make sure your phone is in debugging mode. Try a soft reset as well.

bvbull200 likes this.
  14. No it isn't.

Thanks. Debugging fixed it. I just need to get my MSL, now. I usually leave debugging on, but I must have forgotten to turn it back on after a hard reset a few days ago.

15. chadism

chadism Lurker

Correction...Fresno does not have 4G, and I have not seen any plan to bring it here. If you have different sources, please let me know.

16. mkampy

Ok I finally got my MSL and made the changes, Now I have to wait until I can get back to a known 4G area & makes some tests.... I will try to let you know the results .

17. mkampy

Well after a full day of using the new settings, I must say I am not impressed. In fact I got some of the slowest 4G speeds ( according to speedtest.net).

It was fun however getting into the settings of the phone though...

18. DM101

DM101 Lurker

What site do yall recommend to test speeds for free?

19. MonkeyBoy2000

MonkeyBoy2000 Member

Damn ! I was hoping that this could fix some of my own ( horrible ! ) fluctuation issues.

I'll still try this out, but I'm going in expecting this not to work.

Thanks anyways to the original poster.

20. HoLs

HoLs Newbie

There's 4G in Fremont already. Just not on the Sprint map yet.

21. Sauk

Sauk Newbie

Did not help me, not even get a better signal. :(

Oh well

22. jgdynamics

jgdynamics Lurker

my numbers are all different from the ones that it says... i had 13 all the way down..?

23. cabbie

cabbie Android Expert

similar situation here. had 10 for all the entries he lists...not -89, 2, etc.

odd

24. rsa

rsa Well-Known Member

Mine was the same as yours, the number 10 on everything. I really don't understand it either. :(

HTC EVO 4G Forum

The HTC EVO 4G release date was June 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 512GB RAM, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1500mAh battery.

June 2010
Release Date
Reviews